[SOLVED] CMOS reset while plugged in

Jun 29, 2020
Hi guys! I misinterpreted someone on YouTube saying that you should reset CMOS while being plugged in. I did that a couple of times😭 and now I'm pretty sure it's broken... Anything I can do except buy a new motherboard.

The motherboard is a gigabyte H61M -s1

Solution
What problems did it suddenly start giving?
Assuming you're referring to the "paperclip" test as set out on that guide? If so, could be a defective PSU. If you've had the PC for ages, PSUs fail, all PSUs have a shelf life, especially poor quality ones.
Jun 29, 2020
You're not dumb, just made a mistake. We all make them, and is just part of the learning journey.
Although your poll did make me laugh, so thank you...

What exactly is happening?
First of all thanks for the support..
I plug in the cable to the wall. Then press the power button. The power led lights up and fans spin but all of this only for fraction of a second. And it does not turn back on on its own

Jun 29, 2020
Which Pentium exactly?

Also what warranted you getting this Motherboard? Replacing an old one or you've put together an old piece part build?
No no I had this pc for a long time but today it suddenly started to give me problems. When I looked it up on YouTube. I thought I got my solution. The problem was of switching on and off(but this time it would take longer to switch off). Even I don't remember the Pentium. It is an old PC.

Jun 29, 2020
No no I had this pc for a long time but today it suddenly started to give me problems. When I looked it up on YouTube. I thought I got my solution. The problem was of switching on and off(but this time it would take longer to switch off). Even I don't remember the Pentium. It is an old PC.
Update: I tried shorting the green and black cables of the PSU and the PSU momentarily turns on and then off. What do yo deduce from this?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Assuming you're referring to the "paperclip" test as set out on that guide? If so, could be a defective PSU. If you've had the PC for ages, PSUs fail, all PSUs have a shelf life, especially poor quality ones.

Reactions: Sufyan_riz
Solution
Jun 29, 2020
Yes brother it was a faulty psu. I had bought a antec psu recently I tested it out and it is working fine. Thanks a ton and love ya for the support 💖

Reactions: PC Tailor