CM's OFP2 Survey

Hi,

I thought I'd do my bit and fill in the OFP2 survey but also thought I
would post the questions here for anyone who isn't registered with CM.
Might give a few more clues as to how things are being thought through.

1st few questions are about system specs, how often you play online etc.

4) Which of the following Features do you think would be the most
interesting/exciting for a First Person Shooter game (0 = least - 4 =
most)

Play as the general at a strategic battle level controlling whole armies
or zoom into the action and play as a individual soldier, tank or plane
and make a difference as a hero unit in the thick of the battle.

Recreation of a real country with recognisable landscapes and buildings.
Created from detailed maps and utilising seamless streaming technology
giving a huge and realistic gaming environment.

A multi threaded story which has many endings depending on how you play
through the game. Save the world from oppression, cower in hiding or
become a dictator general ruling with an iron fist.

Experience life as a soldier to it's fullest. Join a recognised unit.
Drill, guard duty, write letters to loved ones. Move through the ranks
or to different units and experience different countries, environments
and events.

Fully manipulate and destroy environments, buildings can be blasted to
dust, landscapes reshaped with craters and forests decimated by fires.
Dig trenches, build tunnels, create enforced positions.

Massively Multiplayer war. Take part in World War 3, with the frontline
constantly changing in a war which never ends. Move through the ranks,
from grunt fighting at the front to general, commanding 1000's of AI and
human players through a strategic map.

Single Player open war. No levels, the battle commences, fight until you
die, if you die select a new role. Go anywhere, do anything, see the
results, experience the consequences. The end only comes when the enemy
is defeated, it could take 5 hours it could take 50, what effect could,
you have

5) If you could only select one feature, which would it be?

6) Which of the following scenarios would you find the most
interesting/fun to play for a Operation Flashpoint sequel? (0 = least
interesting, 4 most interesting)

As a coalition force fight against resurgent Iraqi forces in the deserts
and urban landscapes of Middle East and Iraq to overthrow a new despot
who maybe hiding stockpiles of nuclear weapons and has links to
terrorist organisations in an attempt to reduce the global threat he
represents.

Become a member of a combined forces team sent in to defuse a violent
and bloody war in the Congo. Battling rebel factions and drug barons who
are using mercenaries in the mountains and jungles of Africa to bring
peace to the troubled region.

Experience all out war when the super powers of USA and China collide in
an East meets West showdown. Set in potentially the biggest flashpoint
in real world international politics, fight to protect the people of
Taiwan and their right to democracy. Battle in the diverse environments
of Taiwan and surrounding islands against aggressive invaders of the
colossal Chinese army in cities, villages, farmland, and forests.

As an American soldier, join forces with NATO to overthrow a dictator
responsible for the genocide of his own people in a fierce air and land
conflict in the Balkans. Join forces with other nations to destroy his
military force and rescue a nation under persecution.

Q 7 is then about game ideas other than OFP.

Personally I'm all for the Taiwan setting but the Congo one sounds good
too :)

--
Muttley!! Doooooo Something!!
Fix Outlook Express - http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/

Where do we fill out the survey?

"Littlemoot" <littlemoot@h0tmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> Taiwan and their right to democracy. Battle in the diverse environments
> of Taiwan and surrounding islands against aggressive invaders of the
> colossal Chinese army in cities, villages, farmland, and forests.
>
> As an American soldier, join forces with NATO to overthrow a dictator
> responsible for the genocide of his own people in a fierce air and land
> conflict in the Balkans. Join forces with other nations to destroy his
> military force and rescue a nation under persecution.
>
> Q 7 is then about game ideas other than OFP.
>
> Personally I'm all for the Taiwan setting but the Congo one sounds good
> too :)
>

> --
> Muttley!! Doooooo Something!!
> Fix Outlook Express - http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/
> as recommended by your friendly neighbourhood MeltDown.

Shawn

Uziyahu wrote:
> [...]
>>Taiwan and their right to democracy. Battle in the diverse environments
>>of Taiwan and surrounding islands against aggressive invaders of the
>>colossal Chinese army in cities, villages, farmland, and forests.
>>
>>As an American soldier, join forces with NATO to overthrow a dictator
>>responsible for the genocide of his own people in a fierce air and land
>>conflict in the Balkans. Join forces with other nations to destroy his
>>military force and rescue a nation under persecution.
>>
>>Q 7 is then about game ideas other than OFP.
>>
>>Personally I'm all for the Taiwan setting but the Congo one sounds good
>>too :)
>>

>>--
>>Muttley!! Doooooo Something!!
>>Fix Outlook Express - http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/
>>as recommended by your friendly neighbourhood MeltDown.

Codemasters sent out an email with the link for the survey, I am
guessing that you have to have signed up a while ago with their site to
still get their emails, I just got my email today, and, if I remember
correctly, I thought I had already filled this out.
Shawn P.
Amarak
Fly on the wall as of late.

I signed up with Codemasters a long time ago. No email. : (

"Shawn" <amarakthe01@bodycomcast.net> wrote in message
> [...]
>>>
>>>As an American soldier, join forces with NATO to overthrow a dictator
>>>responsible for the genocide of his own people in a fierce air and land
>>>conflict in the Balkans. Join forces with other nations to destroy his
>>>military force and rescue a nation under persecution.
>>>
>>>Q 7 is then about game ideas other than OFP.
>>>
>>>Personally I'm all for the Taiwan setting but the Congo one sounds good
>>>too :)
>>>

>>>--
>>>Muttley!! Doooooo Something!!
>>>Fix Outlook Express - http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/
>>>as recommended by your friendly neighbourhood MeltDown.
>>>

> Codemasters sent out an email with the link for the survey, I am guessing
> that you have to have signed up a while ago with their site to still get
> their emails, I just got my email today, and, if I remember correctly, I

Ah, got the survey!

I liked some of those other ideas for a non-Flashpoint game, too!

--Uzi

Uziyahu wrote:
> Ah, got the survey!

:)

> I liked some of those other ideas for a non-Flashpoint game, too!

I was pretty done in with the copy/pasting by the time I got to that
point.

Does it look to anyone else that OFP might be drifting in a different
direction? Sounds like they aren't sure whether to concentrate on MP or
SP and have quite grand ideas for what a MP based OFP could be like.

--
Muttley!! Doooooo Something!!
Fix Outlook Express - http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/
as recommended by your friendly neighbourhood MeltDown.

"Littlemoot" <littlemoot@h0tmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> 6) Which of the following scenarios would you find the most
> interesting/fun to play for a Operation Flashpoint sequel? (0 = least
> interesting, 4 most interesting)
>

> As a coalition force fight against resurgent Iraqi forces in the deserts
> and urban landscapes of Middle East and Iraq to overthrow a new despot
> who maybe hiding stockpiles of nuclear weapons and has links to
> terrorist organisations in an attempt to reduce the global threat he
> represents.
>
> Become a member of a combined forces team sent in to defuse a violent
> and bloody war in the Congo. Battling rebel factions and drug barons who
> are using mercenaries in the mountains and jungles of Africa to bring
> peace to the troubled region.
>
> Experience all out war when the super powers of USA and China collide in
> an East meets West showdown. Set in potentially the biggest flashpoint
> in real world international politics, fight to protect the people of
> Taiwan and their right to democracy. Battle in the diverse environments
> of Taiwan and surrounding islands against aggressive invaders of the
> colossal Chinese army in cities, villages, farmland, and forests.
>
> As an American soldier, join forces with NATO to overthrow a dictator
> responsible for the genocide of his own people in a fierce air and land
> conflict in the Balkans. Join forces with other nations to destroy his
> military force and rescue a nation under persecution.

Those scenarios sound all right I suppose but how about the coming American
Civil War v2 :)

I like all of the ideas. lol

I don't like those sci-fi ideas for a non-Flashpoint game so much, though.

Battle versus Japan's Honda and Asimo robots armed with guns seems like an
eventuality, though.

> Uziyahu wrote:
>> Ah, got the survey!
>
> :)
>
>> I liked some of those other ideas for a non-Flashpoint game, too!
>
> I was pretty done in with the copy/pasting by the time I got to that
> point.
>
> Does it look to anyone else that OFP might be drifting in a different
> direction? Sounds like they aren't sure whether to concentrate on MP or
> SP and have quite grand ideas for what a MP based OFP could be like.
>
> --
> Muttley!! Doooooo Something!!
> Fix Outlook Express - http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/
> as recommended by your friendly neighbourhood MeltDown.

Yeah, that's a great idea, too.

But what would Left-Wing Liberals use as a weapon? Hurled insults? Those
people can't stand guns.

"Mort <TZW>" <nospam@sweatyhelmet.org> wrote in message

> "Littlemoot" <littlemoot@h0tmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> 6) Which of the following scenarios would you find the most
>> interesting/fun to play for a Operation Flashpoint sequel? (0 = least
>> interesting, 4 most interesting)
>>

>> As a coalition force fight against resurgent Iraqi forces in the deserts
>> and urban landscapes of Middle East and Iraq to overthrow a new despot
>> who maybe hiding stockpiles of nuclear weapons and has links to
>> terrorist organisations in an attempt to reduce the global threat he
>> represents.
>>
>> Become a member of a combined forces team sent in to defuse a violent
>> and bloody war in the Congo. Battling rebel factions and drug barons who
>> are using mercenaries in the mountains and jungles of Africa to bring
>> peace to the troubled region.
>>
>> Experience all out war when the super powers of USA and China collide in
>> an East meets West showdown. Set in potentially the biggest flashpoint
>> in real world international politics, fight to protect the people of
>> Taiwan and their right to democracy. Battle in the diverse environments
>> of Taiwan and surrounding islands against aggressive invaders of the
>> colossal Chinese army in cities, villages, farmland, and forests.
>>
>> As an American soldier, join forces with NATO to overthrow a dictator
>> responsible for the genocide of his own people in a fierce air and land
>> conflict in the Balkans. Join forces with other nations to destroy his
>> military force and rescue a nation under persecution.
>>

> Those scenarios sound all right I suppose but how about the coming
> American Civil War v2 :)

Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint,alt.usenet.kooks (More info?)

"Lady Chatterly" <nnospammuziyahu@catcher.in.the.rye> wrote in message
> In article <VpFhd.50287f.21928@tornado.tampabay.rr.com> Uziyahu
> <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>Ah, got the survey!
>>
>>I liked some of those other ideas for a non-Flashpoint game, too!
>
> Why do you think that is the real reason?

Because it said so in the survey, nimwit. Ahhhh, but you didn't GET the
survey, did you?

>>--Uzi
>
> Even he has a purpose. You can use him as a bad example.
>
> --
> Lady Chatterly
>
> "Stop using my name, lady chatterly! Or else!" -- W Monk

Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint,alt.usenet.kooks (More info?)

What sleeping bags? WTFRU talking about?

--Uzi

"Lady Chatterly" <not-bot@catcher.in.the.rye> wrote in message
> In article <awwld.21027G4.8436@tornado.tampabay.rr.com> Uziyahu
> <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>"Lady Chatterly" <nnospammuziyahu@catcher.in.the.rye> wrote in message

>>> Why do you think that is the real reason?
>>
>>Because it said so in the survey, nimwit. Ahhhh, but you didn't GET the
>>survey, did you?
>
> And if you really want to get spooked grab your sleeping bags and
> spend the night on the floor.
>
> --
> Lady Chatterly
>
> "OK, I know I've been away for a while, so maybe I missed something.
> Is Lady Chatterly a bot?" -- oldami

Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint,alt.usenet.kooks (More info?)

I dunno. Does the probe incorporate a microphone?

If so, lemme grab a can of beans.

In article <juDld.21227G4.19474@tornado.tampabay.rr.com> Uziyahu
<NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote:

>What sleeping bags? WTFRU talking about?
>
>--Uzi

Did the aliens forget to remove your anal probe?

--
Lady Chatterly

"Actually, no. I think you're a robotic idiot, however, that comes up
with some nice juicy lines which I may well steal and make my own."
-- Gargoyle

Uziyahu wrote:

> Did the aliens forget to remove your anal probe?

Shh... careful! She might be looking for a gamekeeper. -To do short and
sharp things with her.

--
Xenu

Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint,alt.usenet.kooks (More info?)

Lentils?

> In article <MEMld.22791w6.4040@tornado.tampabay.rr.com> Uziyahu
> <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>I dunno. Does the probe incorporate a microphone?
>>
>>If so, lemme grab a can of beans.
>
> Can you provide specifics?
>
>>"Lady Chatterly" <not-bot@catcher.in.the.rye> wrote in message
>>In article <juDld.21227G4.19474@tornado.tampabay.rr.com> Uziyahu
>><NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>What sleeping bags? WTFRU talking about?
>>>
>>>--Uzi
>>
>>Did the aliens forget to remove your anal probe?
>
> After meeting you, I've decided I am in favor of abortion in cases of
> incest.
>
> --
> Lady Chatterly
>
> "Still talking to the bot too. What a maroon!" -- Aratzio

Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint,alt.usenet.kooks (More info?)

IF "it" is a woman, 'cause it sure as sheol isn't a Lady.

--Uzi

"Bjørn Halvor Bergtun" <ask-me@online.nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> Uziyahu wrote:
>
>> Did the aliens forget to remove your anal probe?
>
> Shh... careful! She might be looking for a gamekeeper. -To do short and
> sharp things with her.
>
> --
> Xenu

Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint,alt.usenet.kooks (More info?)

Didn't you ask for specifics?

> In article <x1emd.28470G4.20565@tornado.tampabay.rr.com> Uziyahu
> <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>Lentils?
>>
>>--Uzi
>
> Didn't we already do this?
>
> --
> Lady Chatterly
>
> "Bots don't have noses." -- DrPostman

Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint,alt.usenet.kooks (More info?)

By asking for them.

> In article <a3vmd.30868G4.7947@tornado.tampabay.rr.com> Uziyahu
> <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>Didn't you ask for specifics?
>>
>>--Uzi
>
> How?
>
> --
> Lady Chatterly
>
> "Hmmmmmmm ... Lady Chatterly writes as if she is a cousin or sister of
> Hyderhal1. She offers no substance in debate, and resorts to name
> calling - a sure sign of an intellectual void." -- S.Taylor

Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint,alt.usenet.kooks (More info?)

Have you not been there?

--Uzi

"Lady Chatterly" <not-bot@catcher.in.the.rye> wrote in message

>>--Uzi
>
> Why are you so sure?
>
> --
> Lady Chatterly
>
> "I say Lady Chatterly needs a new nym and some new groups." -- Dr. Zen

Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint,alt.usenet.kooks (More info?)

Can't you 2 just exchange email-addresses, or use a proper chat-program ?
Kinda boring !

--
-
Jan van Zanten, aka NedFox <TZW>