[SOLVED] Coaxial and TV Aerial Sockets // Router

Evaporated

Honorable
Aug 9, 2016
So I have a TV Aerial Socket which i believe takes coaxial cables, can this be used to hook up a router so I can have internet in another room with the TV Aerial Socket in?

Solution
So I have a TV Aerial Socket which i believe takes coaxial cables, can this be used to hook up a router so I can have internet in another room with the TV Aerial Socket in?
Maybe. It will depend on whether the cables are connected and how they are connected. There is hardware called MoCA that will convert ethernet to coax and back.
You buy a pair of adapters and put one by the router and the other in the other room. IF the two coax are connected with the correct hardware, then you get a network connection between the two points.

kanewolf

Titan
Maybe. It will depend on whether the cables are connected and how they are connected. There is hardware called MoCA that will convert ethernet to coax and back.
You buy a pair of adapters and put one by the router and the other in the other room. IF the two coax are connected with the correct hardware, then you get a network connection between the two points.

Solution