CoD Advanced Warfare audio loss/frame rate drops

buhrd1

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
I am getting some weird video lag and sound problems in Advanced Warfare while playing multiplayer after about 30 minutes. I'll be playing fine, then sounds will stop playing (music first), and then the frame rate will take a huge dive. Especially with enemy players on the screen, it stutters all over, and the game becomes unplayable. The only way to fix it is to close out the program completely and start again. After a little while it comes back. I can play single player without these problems. Although sometimes dialog audio will cut out, but Ghosts did that as well.

I am using an i7-2600k, 16 GBs RAM, and an Nvidia GTX 580 3GB. The game runs just fine, for a while, in 1920*1080 with Extra textures on, no AA, and some AF. I have updated to latest vid card (344.65) and sound card drivers. I have Windows Vista 64-bit SP2.

First, I checked for overheating. The GPU never goes above 50 degrees Celcius, and averages around 45-50 degress. When the lag starts, my GPU usage drops from 50-75% down to 15-20%. And the temperature of the GPU drops 10-13 degrees.

Next, I went to Activision support. The guy there suggested--in broken English--I upgrade to at least an Nvidia 770, and get either Windows 7 or 8. So, thanks for the $500+ "fix", guy.

What I want to know is if this is the game's fault? This seems like it has a memory leak. The memory usage slowly goes up and up until the lag starts. Anyone have any information? I can't seem to find anything at all on this game, and anyone having to do with making this game doesn't answer tweets. Also, Activision support is useless as always.

buhrd1

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
I hope I'm not the only one with this issue.

Game has been out 2.5 weeks and down to 1/3rd the players already. I'm quickly losing whatever faith I still had in this franchise.

elpi

Reputable
Dec 17, 2014
I have the exact same problem only it does not happen to me every time after 30 minutes it only does it sometimes and it seems to do it more when im having shadowplay enabled. sound will go first and then framerate will drop down to about 20 frames per second. I thought it was just because of my specs.
I have an MSI laptop with i7-4700MQ core 12GB ram and nvidia gtx 770m and intel HD something beside that. playing on win 8.1 64-bit. so windows update doesnt help i think

Michael in ATL

Honorable
Apr 9, 2015

It's now April, and this issue has not been fixed, to my knowledge. After 1st round, the game is unplayable.