CoD Ghosts FPS drops! PLEASE HELP FAST

Hybrid7x

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
Yesterday everything was fine with Ghosts. I played it today and it was okay up until the last 3 minutes. I played a few matches and every time the game starts dropping FPS from 60 to 10 in the last minutes of the match. I haven't tried if other games lagg too. I restarted my PC and got a error message my CPU is running too hot. I restarted it again and the message was gone yet Ghosts still had the problem. Also, it might be because my PC is super dusty, haven't cleaned it in 2 years but I don't really know how to clean it at all. I don't wanna take it apart since I'm not some pro at this stuff. Also, I never had problems running Ghosts.

Please help! Anything would be useful!

tcb1005

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2014

Call of Duty Ghosts is a poorly optimized console port.

Hybrid7x

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
I figured it out. Its a problem with my hardware. I cleaned up my whole PC, and then figured out my GPU fan isn't spinning. The card gets too hot and it starts causing all the FPS drops.

Also, Ghosts has been fixed for PC and I find it to be a good game. (I have a nVidia card wich is recommended for Ghosts)

I tried to run it on all low, yet I still get the same result

tcb1005

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2014

Depends on the GPU! :D

Hybrid7x

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
Okay, so it turned out there was a pile of dust hidden inside my cooling fan. I found this out by spinning the fan with hands.. I don't even know why I tried to do it, but a pile of dust fell out and suddenly the fan started spinning! I'm happy everything turned out. Also, I'm selling the gpu so if anyone needs a Asus GF GT640 2gb contact me on: nonopahi7777@gmail. I send shipping to EU countries.