Nov 17, 2013
FIrst off, here are my system specs:

Windows Vista 32-bit
2GB DDR2 RAM @800mHz
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz
Corsair CX500M PSU
Motherboard is Unknown
Asus AMD Radeon HD 7670
Basically, it's a Dell Inspiron with a new Graphics Card and PSU.

I recently got my Radeon HD 7670 from a friend, but since I've installed it, nothing has worked. I replaced my Nvidia Geforce 9500GT with it for an upgrade. First off, right away, my display is a lower resolution, so everything is kind of zoomed in. Also, it seemed to be moved up and to the left, but I fixed that by using my monitor's Auto Adjust feature. I opened up Device Manager, and the card comes up as "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter". After looking into that, it says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)".

So far, I've tried installing the latest AMD display drivers, installing catalyst control center, uninstalling my nvidia drivers, taking out the card and putting it back in, and pretty much anything else I've seen suggested on forums. Nothing has changed anything. Switching back to my Nvidia card, everything was working perfectly fine (after I reinstalled the drivers for it). Any help is appreciated. I'm desperate at this point, so I'm willing to try almost anything.

funny_story

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013

The card only fits into a PCI slot, and my motherboard only has one, so another slot isn't really an option. However, I don't believe the slot is the problem, as my other video card works perfectly fine in the same slot.

Gate9er

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012

Well I still believe that a clean windows installation will solve the problem, since from what it sounds it is a software issue.

funny_story

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013

That seems a bit extreme. What exactly happens with a clean install? Are my personal files affected at all?