Question Code 15

gear2d

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2013
I have been building PCs for awhile and never experienced this. Hoping to learn from this.

I have the following setup (below). For some reason, despite replacing CPU, board, and ram code 15 comes up. No OS installed yet. It does not post into bios at first. If I let it sit there after turning it on it will reboot then post into bios. Only thing I can think of that it could be is the ram type. But still hoping maybe there is something I can do other than buying a different type of ram. Though Asus does state this board supports the type I have.
I see the memory frequency is set to 3600hz, does see all 4 ram sticks (131072 md ddr5). Attempting to change frequency manually does not work the bios reports its unstable and places it back to 3600hz not before "POSTed into safe mode" comes up on boot.

AMD 7950X
Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB DDR5 64GB (4x32GB) 5200MHz C40 Intel Optimized Desktop Memory
ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Hero - Did update bios to latest one.

Lutfij

Titan
ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Hero - Did update bios to latest one.
Could you state the BIOS version for us, for the sake of relevance? Have you tried working with 2 sticks of ram populating slots A2 and B2?

Also, could you inspect the CPU socket for any bent or broken pins?