Code 31 error in device manager

Rommell43

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
Hello,

Somehow I messed up install of a PCI wireless adapter. Device Manager says 'device not working properly because it can't load drivers: code 31.

I've pulled the adapter card out. ran the computer awhile without it, reinstalled it and same problem.

Then I did the registry thing about upper and lower filter deletion but the filters are not listed. Yeah I went to the right place in the registry to look.

So the deleton of filter thing is not a solution for me.

any ideas?

Solution
Hello,

Many times the Wireless adapter cards come with an installation CD that contains the needed driver. Is that available?

You can also manually download a needed driver from the Manufacturer's web site. Go there, imput the model or other requested information and you should be taken to the driver download page.

Make sure you are downloading the correct 32 or 64 bit version depending on your OS. Accept the download if prompted and click Run when the download is complete. Then it should be available in the Driver store when Windows sees the attached adapter, and loads the driver into RAM.

John_VanKirk

Distinguished
Hello,

Many times the Wireless adapter cards come with an installation CD that contains the needed driver. Is that available?

You can also manually download a needed driver from the Manufacturer's web site. Go there, imput the model or other requested information and you should be taken to the driver download page.

Make sure you are downloading the correct 32 or 64 bit version depending on your OS. Accept the download if prompted and click Run when the download is complete. Then it should be available in the Driver store when Windows sees the attached adapter, and loads the driver into RAM.

Solution