Question Code 43 / no display signal / black screen with RTX 3060 Ti ?

Aug 18, 2024
I got a RTX 3060Ti 8GB and tried to install it but got black screen / no display signal.

When I use my CPU graphics, it displays the GPU in my Device Manager with a code 43 error.

What I've tried already:
  • Different PCIe slots
  • Verified that GPU is seated all the way
  • Verified that power cables is all the way in
  • Updated to the latest Nvidia drivers
  • Updated to the latest BIOS
I put my old GPU back (GTX 1060 6GB) and everything works fine.

I have a Asus Z97 Deluxe mobo, i7-4770 CPU, 32GB RAM and 750W PSU. Running Windows 10.

Oct 14, 2023
I got a RTX 3060Ti 8GB and tried to install it but got black screen / no display signal.

Hello @sizzlinkola,

I'm @Vikko151, and I'll do my best to help you.

Updated to the latest Nvidia drivers

The first thing you might want to do when a new GPU doesn't work on a device that had an older GPU is to uninstall and install your GPU drivers properly. It means you'll have to use a program that allows you to clearly uninstall them before going with a new and clean install. Your GPU is detected and the PCIe port seems working correctly. So we should make sure it's not related to your GPU drivers.

If you proceed like that, feel free to tell me.

Here's a tutorial that will probably be useful for you: https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/uninstall-nvidia-amd-intel-gpu-drivers

By the way, before proceeding, make sure to enable your iGPU and to put back your RTX 3060 Ti.

What is your system's specs?

Asus Z97 Deluxe mobo, i7-4770 CPU, 32GB RAM and 750W PSU

Whatever, we need more detailed specifications, mostly about the brand of your PSU. Let's remember a low quality PSU can also be related to those black screens. You can easily find them with a program like "Speecy".