CODWAW DirectX Error

MrTurbi

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
After a while I tried playing World at War again, and I got an error called "DirectX unrecoverable error", which I can't find any solutions on, I have windows 10 and all my DirectX are updated, I have a I5 6400 and a GTX 1060 3GB. I have seen forums talk about it but there is never a solid solution to it, I tried reinstalling old drivers from DirectX and that didn't work. Any help on this topic would be appreciated.

Solution
Have you tried configuring the DPI display settings? In the display settings click custom scaling to enter a custom DPI scale value. Enter ‘100’ in the text box if that isn’t your current DPI scale value, and click the Apply button.T hen click Sign out to apply the custom scale factor. There is a registry fix that might resolve the DirectX unrecoverable error but check the display first.

DarkEngine

Reputable
Oct 9, 2015
Have you tried configuring the DPI display settings? In the display settings click custom scaling to enter a custom DPI scale value. Enter ‘100’ in the text box if that isn’t your current DPI scale value, and click the Apply button.T hen click Sign out to apply the custom scale factor. There is a registry fix that might resolve the DirectX unrecoverable error but check the display first.

Solution

MrTurbi

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
I meant that I couldn't get into the game in the first place, the only thing that happend was the logo appeared and the error popped up nothing else.

DarkEngine

Reputable
Oct 9, 2015

You can adjust DPI settings in Windows 10 by right-clicking the desktop and selecting Display Settings. Not in the game. Try this first