Question Coil whien and stuff

BarderoJ

Prominent
Oct 27, 2022
Hello! So:
  1. I can hear gpu coil whine when in load, with no load its dead silent. And its not like epm whine, more like buz-buz, also not loud.
  2. From mobo I can hear weird sound, like from crickets, and its always there
  3. When gpu whines and headphones is connected to a mobo or case(3.5 jack) i hear da whine in them

A question is: can it be cuz of psu? Imma using vinga gv2 rn and ordered evga supernova g5, to check if a problem d dissappear.

If no what can be a cause of this?

p.s
a bit of contex. First psu was chieftec a80, asus tuf was whinin on it. After i got vinga gv2 and it was still whinin. Then i swap gpu to powercolor red dragon and whine was even worse, da gpu was always whinin and with a terrible high pitch emp sound, then i got a palit gamerock and now its like buz-buz, cant hear da emp sound.

In order to locate where sound was coming from I got pc out of case and to me it didnt look like sound was coming from gpu, it was like from cpu power line or so

BarderoJ

Prominent
Oct 27, 2022
Hello! So:
  1. I can hear gpu coil whine when in load, with no load its dead silent. And its not like epm whine, more like buz-buz, also not loud.
  2. From mobo I can hear weird sound, like from crickets, and its always there
  3. When gpu whines and headphones is connected to a mobo or case(3.5 jack) i hear da whine in them
A question is: can it be cuz of psu? Imma using vinga gv2 rn and ordered evga supernova g5, to check if a problem d dissappear.

If no what can be a cause of this?

p.s
a bit of contex. First psu was chieftec a80, asus tuf was whinin on it. After i got vinga gv2 and it was still whinin. Then i swap gpu to powercolor red dragon and whine was even worse, da gpu was always whinin and with a terrible high pitch emp sound, then i got a palit gamerock and now its like buz-buz, cant hear da emp sound.

In order to locate where sound was coming from I got pc out of case and to me it didnt look like sound was coming from gpu, it was like from cpu power line or so
https://ibb.co/MgnqKLQ - a photo of mobo where da sound is coming from

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

https://ibb.co/MgnqKLQ - a photo of mobo where da sound is coming from
The motherboard VRM/power delivery is located in that area, so not unusual for some sound to come from that area.

BarderoJ

Prominent
Oct 27, 2022

The motherboard VRM/power delivery is located in that area, so not unusual for some sound to come from that area.
Main question is can it be cuz of psu? Will better psu fix it?

TRENDING THREADS