Question Coil whine coming from the GPU and motherboard

Oct 5, 2021
In January 2021 I built my PC and it had no issues. In February/March I added a HDD from an old laptop (replaced later) which is also around the same time I started having coil whine. It was only when gaming with high FPS first, now it's also happening when watching videos or even idle. When watching videos or idle it's actually more like an arcing noise or buzz instead of a high pitched whine. It seems to come from both the motherboard and GPU, with the GPU being louder. A few months ago they were about equally as loud.
What I've tried:
  • Replaced GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 5500 XT 4gb, MSI Gaming X RX 5500 XT 8gb, Palit RX 2060. All made a difference but still loud coil whine
  • Replaced PSU: 2x System Power 9, RM650x 2018. First SP9 had coil whine itself, other 2 PSU's are completely silent, no difference otherwise
  • Replaced motherboard: same model. No difference.
  • Remove HDD
  • Stop fans
  • Connect PC to grounded outlets
Specs:
  • i5-10400F
  • ASRock B460M Pro4
  • MSI Radeon RX 5500 XT Gaming X 8gb
  • Corsair RM650x 2018
  • Crucial MX500 500gb
  • Seagate Barracuda Compute 2tb
  • Hyperx Fury RGB 2x8 3200
Here are recordings I made. At the beginning of the recordings I put my mic near the motherboard VRM, at the end I put it near the GPU.

Lutfij

Titan
There was a suggestion made on this thread of yours, here, could you rule out your crib's wiring and outlets(and the power grid) by taking the system to your friends house to see if the issue persists? That is indeed coil whine but have you tried informing your seller and Be Quiet! as well as Corsair? On another note, what BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard at the time of writing?

Oct 5, 2021
There was a suggestion made on this thread of yours, here, could you rule out your crib's wiring and outlets(and the power grid) by taking the system to your friends house to see if the issue persists? That is indeed coil whine but have you tried informing your seller and Be Quiet! as well as Corsair? On another note, what BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard at the time of writing?
I'll try taking my system to my parents house later today. I think it may actually be related to this, because nearly all devices have it in this house, just not as bad as my PC and at acceptable levels.

I've RMA'd multiple components so they should be aware of it. The seller where I bought the Be Quiet PSU was pretty helpful, they asked no questions and replaced it. It was the same seller as the motherboard. As for the Corsair, I didn't contact the seller (Amazon) because the sound didn't really change, apart from the fact that it sounds slightly less stable with the Be Quiet.

Honestly I'm thinking it must be the GPU as the motherboard and PSU swaps changed nothing while the GPU swaps changed the pitch of the sound. Also the idle and video buzzing wasn't with the other 2 GPU's.

My motherboard is running on BIOS 1.60, but the issue also happened on 1.50.

Oct 5, 2021
Tried it in a different house and the whining seems to be the same.

I also contacted the seller and they said something about rubber rings. Do you think using them would help? Where would I even need to put them, and what size do I need?