MB: ASUSTeK M5A99X EVO

GPU: PowerColor RX 580 8gb

SSD: 500gb Crucial MX500 (C:)

HHD: 500gb Western Digital WDC

PS: OCZ - ZT 650 W 80+ Bronze

DISPLAY: Vizio 24" 1080p Smart TV through DVI to HDMI cable

Keyboard: Redragon K552 RBG

Mouse: World of Warcraft MMO Mouse Legendary Edition

I got the RX 580 for Christmas to replace a EVGA GTX 580 3gb GPU. Along with a secondary stick of the Corsair XMS3 DDR3. Both sticks of RAM are 1600 MHz. I installed both and have two separate issues. Firstly, when I put my computer to sleep and wake it, the graphics card wont display to my monitor. Before the installation with the single RAM stick and GTX 580 I experienced no issue waking from sleep. But now upon waking, my keyboard and mouse light up, all case fans come on, the RX 580 fans come on but there is no signal leaving the RX 580. I used DDU to remove the NVIDIA drivers. I have installed and uninstalled (using DDU) the AMD drivers to both 18.12.3, and 18.12.2 and the problem persists. Upon advice from AMD I tried drivers 18.9.3 and it still wouldnt display. I have updated the BIOS for the motherboard. I have tried a different display, and have tried unplugging the DVI from the RX 580 and reinserting it but to no avail. I have tried an HDMI to HDMI cord and no difference The only way to get out of it is to push and hold the power button on my case. That is where the second problem comes in.

Upon pushing and holding the power button when the system isn't displaying after trying to wake, the system shuts off as normal. If I push the power button to boot the system it seems to start just fine and the display comes back up, but the boot will freeze on the windows screen. The little loading dots at the bottom of the Windows screen never show up. It goes from the blinking underscore in the top left corner with the Windows Symbol to just the blue Windows symbol. With no amount of time does the system finish booting, I have to hold the power button, turn it off and boot again. This time the system boots perfectly and AMD lets me know that there was a failed Boot. I have run memtest86, 4 times and the memory passed. I have run tweaking.com windows repair tool and finnished it. I have wiped the hard drive and reinstalled Windows with the AMD card installed, again with the GTX card installed, and again with the GTX card installed but no internet connection so that the system will run without any drivers. And in all three instances the boot keeps freezing. My motherboard isn't recognizing the RAM clock speeds and MHz correctly. So I went in and enabled DOCP and manually set the clock speeds that the RAM has listed on the xmp file. And the boot still freezes. I am not sure what else to try.

Jan 14, 2019
Unfortunately I have sold the old stick. I went from 1x8gb 1333 MHz Corsair XMS3 stick, to that stick plus 1x8gb 1600 MHz Corsair XMS3 for a total of 16 gb RAM. I knew this wasn't ideal as the slower stick was holding back the faster stick. So for Christmas I got a second stick of the 1600 MHz Corsair XMS3, and got rid of the 1333 MHz stick. I will say that with the 1333 MHz stick and 1600 MHz stick both installed I didn't have the booting issue.

Jan 14, 2019
So my motherboard can read the xmp of the sticks, but won't use it. So I manually changed the clock speeds to the xmp file speeds. Which included the primary clocks you listed, the secondary clock speeds and even a few of the tertiary clocks. And the problem is still there. It is set to 1600 MHz with 1.5v So after work I will increase to v to 1.55 and try it with one stick.