saabir2007

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2013
I already have the Sapphire 5700XT Nitro+ but it runs too hot. Idle temp is 58C (rarely goes over 65C under load, and my 970 used to idle at <35C) and I'm not currently playing games so I don't need its performance. I don't need my PC to be a heater in summer.

I'm looking for a GPU that can idle at low temps (lower than 30C), do you guys have any recommendations? I just want a basic, cheap GPU to run normal videos on; I don't need anything high-spec, won't be playing games or anything.
Also, my CPU is i7-6700k (with a 144Hz, 1440p monitor). Would the integrated graphics be good enough to support standard stuff?

Last edited:
Solution
The idle temp is higher because the fans turn off when the gpu is under 60°C. You can modify the fan curve by creating a custom curve with software, however while this will lower the idle temp it will actually pump more heat into your room not less.

bignastyid

Titan
The idle temp is higher because the fans turn off when the gpu is under 60°C. You can modify the fan curve by creating a custom curve with software, however while this will lower the idle temp it will actually pump more heat into your room not less.

Solution

saabir2007

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2013
Yes, I realised this so I'm looking for advice into a cheap GPU or the quality of integrated GPU.