Collaborating In Microsoft's Word 2016 Preview: Hands-On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osmin

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
Since Windows 8, Microsoft started making their desktop software look like tablet apps. Even though I am getting used to it, I would have preferred rich, colorful, and less flat looking desktop programs with file compatibility of the tablet/phone apps.

Dextron

Honorable
May 18, 2013
This is the same disapointingly incomplete feture set we already have in Office 2013. I was also hoping for them to make it decent thsi time around. (Three years beta-testing the thing on millions of paying costumers seems enough)

Abaddon

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
These features have been around since Word 2007? Certainly for Word 2010 and 2013.

And they work brilliantly. Though keep in mind there is a maximum editor count (8 or 10 I believe).

Frank Dragon

Reputable
May 6, 2015
Heck, I'm waiting for an EASY way in Outlook to see the full headers (helps in spam control) as well as the full email address, and not just "Mom". Because "Mom" could be "<spammer@youdontwant.it>"

Unoentremil

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
I agree with Osmin 1000%. Please, Microsoft bring back the rich, colorful and less flat looking desktop and 'File Explorer' of Windows 7. It's not only more appealing and healthy to the eye. It's also much more productive / faster to work with (at least on PC's with today's large monitors). This new flat - High contrast tablet look should be entirely optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.