Nov 7, 2020
Hello everyone,
Next year I am choosing which college I should go to...In my life I have always been keen on computer stuff and math. I am choosing between polytechnic (3+2 years) and college (3+2 years), I have better chances on polytechic school than college, since college that is an option is the hardest college in my country(Croatia). I was thinking about maybe going out of country(to UK) to find a job if get good at ICT programming or something similar to software/hardware since I havent specifically decided.

Question: what is the difference in polytechinc and college diploma when looking for a job or is it something else that companies are looking for when hiring?
If you have any experiences/opinions/infos please let me know... I would love to hear it
:)

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
everything is relative. most listings i am seeing lately have a schooling requirement such as bachelors of cybersecurity or whatever. but they also list experience that replaces the education requirement. or they'll accept some combo of them both.

you really have to look in the area you want to work to see. some value a degree above all while others look for certifications and more look for experience int he field. hard to really make a 100% correct guess as to what will benefit you most. but i do know that no one has ever questioned my math degrees as to where i got them. having the degree is good enough in my experience looking for work over the years. few even bother asking for transcripts so they don't even know where i went to school at.

no idea what croatia means by either type of school but they are likely both considered "degrees" but the programs offered are likely the difference. polytech is usually more like advanced trade training like agriculture, many sciences and other type majors. rather than purely academic things like an english major or art major at "normal" college

again this is my experience in the US, so you should be asking these things of the places you want to attend. or ask around local businesses where you might want to work what they prefer and so on. nothing beats local specific info for your area :)

Reactions: Renato20