Question Color calibration keeps reverting back to monitor's default

tabur

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
Hi all, I just bought 2 HP X32 monitors. Naturally, the panels are a bit different so I had to play with windows' color calibration to make them match. In particular, it seems one of the monitors had too much red.

I created a calibration that works. When I right click my desktop, click on Display Settings, and choose the sRGB color profile I created, the monitor looks great. But the MOMENT I click on another window, the color profile clearly reverts back to the manufacturer's profile. For further clarity, Display Settings will still show the sRGB color profile is selected/active rather than the manufacturer's, but when I switch it back to the manufacturer's profile, I see no change whatsoever (i.e. it was already the real active profile), and when I switch it to the new sRGB profile, the image looks great again. And of course, the moment I click on another window.... it reverts back!

I have HP Omen and HP Display Center installed, but closed (and processes terminated) when doing this. Could you help me out pls?

Thank you!

tabur

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
I think I got it!! It was the software called f.lux that was messing with my color configuration. Now I just have to figure out how to mix both Windows' color calibration settings and f.lux. Open to suggestions!