Color off (tripple monitors) HELP PLZ

TotalRecall

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
I got 3 IPS monitors. x2 on DVI 1x displayport.

Problem: Colors dont match.

I havnt calibrated really yet, (hate doing that shit). But heres the part i dont get.

NO matter what, one monitor is off (color wise).
I have switched all the monitors and put them into different ports, (a monitor that was on displayport i switched to dvi) Ive switched them all around. BUT ALWAYS there is one monitor that the blacks dont seem black. WASHED OUT LIKE.
2 monitors look the same, one looks washed out. its not the monitor as ive switched cables around on all ports, for each monitor and the unlucky monitor that looks washed out changes.

WHY IS THIS!? its driving me nuts. Is this a software issue? Surely it cant be hardware related as its not a specific port / monitor. As far as i can tell since i switched the monitors around and it changes.

What can i do ? or further do to troubleshoot if its a issue.

Solution

Yes, only on the monitor with the adjusted settings.
I guess it doesn't matter if you are not worried about the quality, but it is not difficult to use the menu on your monitor to set this properly.

proge101

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014
Ok since they are hooked up with different connections then you will get that different color depth with that one monitor (I also have the same annoyance). One of the ways to change this is by going to contrast and adjusting it manually or by hooking it up through DVI.

TotalRecall

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013

they were all set to applications control color settings.
rgb.

There exact same. I did get better resault atleast for the wash out look (blacks) by lowering the brightness for that certain monitor in nvidia control a couple notches. Ill just have to settle for this i guess.

Don't change brightness in the control panel if you can avoid it.
Same goes for gamma, contrast and colour.
Change with the monitor settings if at all possible and only fall back to the software if necessary.

TotalRecall

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013

Whys that? The settings for each monitor are the exact same, i could never cal it via monitor and get em to match, software though i did, turned down brightness a notch and up vibrance digital thing a notch and i cant tell difference now.

Increasing brightness in the driver for instance will lose detail in shades of white.
Every one of these settings will reduce your image quality in some way.
The settings are available in the software to compensate when proper adjustment in the monitor is not possible.

TotalRecall

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013

Through that specific monitor right? Which happens to me my left side monitor, which i wouldnt care if its a small decrease in quality.

proge101

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014

Yes that is correct.

Yes, only on the monitor with the adjusted settings.
I guess it doesn't matter if you are not worried about the quality, but it is not difficult to use the menu on your monitor to set this properly.

Solution

Apristian30

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
Also about adjusting the settings via the control panel, i have been doing that recently for my 3 monitor set-up adjusting the brightness via control panel and for the longest i been getting bad headaches... I lowered the contrast and brightness and it wouldnt help at all. I finally reset everything back to factory defaults and have been getting better results adjusting the settings straight from the monitor instead of using the control panel.

Also i assumed it was common for the exact same monitor to have a slight difference in contract or colors. I'm sure i read it online a while go... so not sure how reliable it was lol.