Colorspace of DVD Q

Les

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001

After reading about miniDV, DVPRO25 and Beta SP, I'm curious what
the specs are on MPEG2 or DVD format ?
Are we talking 4:2:2 or 4:1:1 or some other ratio ?

Now if one uses TMPgnc, is there some control over this as well, or
or this predefined to conform to DVD protocol ?

Les

les wrote:

> After reading about miniDV, DVPRO25 and Beta SP, I'm curious
> what the specs are on MPEG2 or DVD format ?
> Are we talking 4:2:2 or 4:1:1 or some other ratio ?

The MPEG-2 format (as used for DVD and DVB, at least) is 4:2:0.
See <http://www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html#3.4>.

--
znark