Question Colourful brand is good??

Jul 7, 2019
I want to buy a GTX 1660. So I recently have come to know that there is a Chinese brand called "colorful" and the GPUs of this brand are very cheap. Can I trust this brand like Zotac, Asus, Msi, etc?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
You'd be surprised actually. Usually I would say no. But there is a solid reason why they are the main name in China (which isn't always a good thing).

You'll get the same performance from it as you would many other GTX 1660 (say Gigabyte) and the cooling isn't half bad. However you will find it draws more power for no real reason. It's just as solid as any other 1660 performance wise.

The big thing I would say you should keep an eye on is warranty between Colorful and Main Western brands - because as Aeacus has already stated, cheaper parts often mean shorter shelf life, and shorter shelf life means lower warranty.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtCbYx0qtV4

Last edited:

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Different persons have different standards (some have higher standards while others have lower standards) and it's up to every person to decide how good of a build quality components they are using in their PC. Since i care a lot about component lifespan, i look past all cheap products and go with brand that is known to have exceptional reliability. I'd rather pay €300 for a GPU that lasts me 5 years than €100 for same GPU that lasts only 1 year.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Different persons have different standards (some have higher standards while others have lower standards) and it's up to every person to decide how good of a build quality components they are using in their PC. Since i care a lot about component lifespan, i look past all cheap products and go with brand that is known to have exceptional reliability. I'd rather pay €300 for a GPU that lasts me 5 years than €100 for same GPU that lasts only 1 year.
Completely agreed my friend.

Jul 7, 2019
should I go with Zotac?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
should I go with Zotac?
While i, personally, don't trust Zotac that much as i'm trusting Asus and MSI, but given the choice between Colorful or Zotac, i'd go with Zotac any day of the week.

Zotac is known in GPU world by making budget GPUs that get the job done. Also, Zotac AMP Extreme GPUs have reviewed well and are competing on equal level with the big boys. (By big boys, i mean the: Asus, EVGA, Gigabyte and MSI.)