[SOLVED] Combining 2 different gpus?

MNYCapricorn

Commendable
Jul 12, 2019
I currently have an msi 1050ti itx oc, and im buying an msi rtx 2080 super gaming x trio next month, and its the first time im having two gpus in my household. is it possible to combine the two different cards for the old one to not go to waste?

Solution
Only way you could really combine those cards would be to use the 1050 Ti as a dedicated PhysX accelerator. But barely any games support GPU PhysX, and your 2080 is so much more powerful your 1050 Ti probably wouldn't make much of a difference.

Lutfij

Titan
I'd say don't bother with anything. Even if it were possible we'd need to know if your board can support two GPU's and that you have the necessary lanes for both while also knowing if your PSU can handle the dual GPU usage. Not to mention if your case can handle the additional heat dump.

Short answer; don't bother.

Having a spare GPU is a good thing since it can get you out of a pinch in case your currently powered GPU croaks or if you need it for troubleshooting another rig.

Reactions: MNYCapricorn

MNYCapricorn

Commendable
Jul 12, 2019
I'd say don't bother with anything. Even if it were possible we'd need to know if your board can support two GPU's and that you have the necessary lanes for both while also knowing if your PSU can handle the dual GPU usage. Not to mention if your case can handle the additional heat dump.

Short answer; don't bother.

Having a spare GPU is a good thing since it can get you out of a pinch in case your currently powered GPU croaks or if you need it for troubleshooting another rig.
Im using a z390-f gaming mobo from asus and an rm750x from corsair.

TRENDING THREADS