Question Combining powerline and extenders

Jun 10, 2021
Hi all, newbie here,

I have a number of Devolo dLan500 powerline adapters around the house which work OK to varying degrees. However I have a dead spot in an annex where the electrical circuitry is obviously not good enough or too long for the powerline to give a decent signal and it keeps dropping out.

My question is - is there any reason why I can add a wifi extender (lets say right next to a local good powerline adaptor) to the system to help resolve this problem ? If its thought to be OK does anyone have a recommendation as to the best extender for the job, it would need to penetrate a couple of brick walls which are about 10 metres apart.

TIA

Chris

kanewolf

Titan
Hi all, newbie here,

I have a number of Devolo dLan500 powerline adapters around the house which work OK to varying degrees. However I have a dead spot in an annex where the electrical circuitry is obviously not good enough or too long for the powerline to give a decent signal and it keeps dropping out.

My question is - is there any reason why I can add a wifi extender (lets say right next to a local good powerline adaptor) to the system to help resolve this problem ? If its thought to be OK does anyone have a recommendation as to the best extender for the job, it would need to penetrate a couple of brick walls which are about 10 metres apart.

TIA

Chris
There is no easy way to predict WIFI performance. Since you have "a couple of brick walls" it might or might not work.