[SOLVED] Combining wireless and ethernet for faster speeds to the router.

Oct 7, 2020
So my routers ethernet only supports up to 1000Mb/sec but my internet speed 1500Mb/sec. I have a wireless ac adapter handy so is it possible to add that to my computer so I can receive the full bandwidth to my computer?

Solution
I have contacted bell and unfortunately the ethernet ports only support up to 1 Gbit.
You won't benefit from speeds above gigabit anyway. Most remote locations that you would pull large files are going to limit bandwidth anyway.
20 people can benefit. 1 person, not really.

kanewolf

Titan
So my routers ethernet only supports up to 1000Mb/sec but my internet speed 1500Mb/sec. I have a wireless ac adapter handy so is it possible to add that to my computer so I can receive the full bandwidth to my computer?
Not easily or reliably, IMO. If you have a 1.5Gbit WAN service, then your router probably has a 2.5Gb ethernet port.

You would then add a 2.5Gb NIC card -- https://www.amazon.com/2-5GBase-T-Ethernet-Controller-Standard-Low-Profile/dp/B07Y2GWVB8

Oct 7, 2020
You won't benefit from speeds above gigabit anyway. Most remote locations that you would pull large files are going to limit bandwidth anyway.
20 people can benefit. 1 person, not really.
I see what you mean but It would still be nice to be able to take advantage 1.5Gbits on one computer, I guess waiting for Bell to release a router that has 10Gbit ethernet ports is my only option.