Come one come all! Share your knowledge :)

Sheldon Groce

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
My computer has started acted up recently, by acting up I mean I will be playing a game such as world of warcraft and it will not respond for about 10 second then it will open up another program that I have running such as ie or skype, and then just minimize it. The hard drive light under my power light on the tower will also stay on for the 10 seconds that the not responding is occuring. I am not sure what to do to even try to check and see what is going on. Let me know what you guys think, thanks!

Sheldon Groce

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
I have downloaded malwarebytes and did scans as well as avira a/v scans, the scans did speed up my computer but I am still having the 10 second not responding problem, I just wanted to make sure that I am updating my bios right (I have never performed this action) I have a gigabyte motherboard GA-78LMT-S2, is this the right download http://www.gigabyte.eu/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4643&dl=1#bios ?
I am asking this because I know it is imparative to have the right download or it could mess things up, thanks.

Sheldon Groce

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
I found the version I needed, it's 1.0 on my Mobo, is there any other suggestions I could try before updating bios, I don't really want to mess with it unless I have to in order of saving myself a screw up.