command line commands not working

softwareguru

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016
Using a Compaq Presario with windows 7 I have tried to use commands such as "net user", but I get this message

"not recognized as an internal or external command"

Solution
It sounds like something is wrong with the PATH in Windows. From the desktop, right-click My Computer and click Properties. In the System Properties window, click on the Advanced tab. In the Advanced section, click the Environment Variables button. Finally, in the Environment Variables window, highlight the Path variable in the Systems Variable section. What is written in this field?

Puff3r

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011
It sounds like something is wrong with the PATH in Windows. From the desktop, right-click My Computer and click Properties. In the System Properties window, click on the Advanced tab. In the Advanced section, click the Environment Variables button. Finally, in the Environment Variables window, highlight the Path variable in the Systems Variable section. What is written in this field?

Solution

softwareguru

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016

That is exactly correct. Thank you. When I reinstalled Skype it for some reason changed the path. I normally use my laptop for cmd commands and not my desktop because of WiFi.

Very appreciated Ancient.

softwareguru

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016

I have windows 10 and their is MY PC not MY computer, however I did search and find the environment variables with the following

%systemroot%\system32.

I do appreciate your time and effort.