Question Command Prompt oppening at start and closing immideatly and it doesnt work when i open it

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkdgamer907

Reputable
Jun 29, 2018
Hi i bought a new pc 4days ago and i downloaded some programs like steam discord google obs csgo fortnite and realtek. When i power on my pc and when it loads windows there is no background no taskbar no start menu only a command prompt windows that closes immideatly or sometimes it stays and flashes when the window closes explorer.exe opens up which is the taskbar background start etc. and now i wanted to host a minecraft server but i needed my ipv4 address i needed to open command prompt and type ip config but command prompt opened and closed immideatly and i oppened it with run as administrator but it still didnt work
please help

mkdgamer907

Reputable
Jun 29, 2018
So does the issue happen immediately when you boot up? Or when you open cmd? Also how did you get to this issue? Did you download anything unusual? Or was there a recent windows update?
It happens when i boot up. when i installed windows it was working fine but 8hours later i got the watermark saying windows is not activated and it was bothering me so i found a way to activate windows for free. And i think thats when it started happening but i am not sure. sunday morning i booted up the pc but i was down stairs while windows was loading so i didnt know if cmd opened or not.
Btw everything works except that command prompt opens and closes in a milisecond i need command prompt rn.

mkdgamer907

Reputable
Jun 29, 2018
how are you opening command prompt? if you have no background on your desktop your copy of windows may not be activated. look for a message in the lower right corner of your windows desktop.

did you buy the PC new or used?

OMG lol
No you didnt understand me.
Its a new pc a shop built it for me but without windows.
i installed windows and downloaded some stuff like steam discord games etc than 8hours later there was a watermark saying i need to activate windows and it overlayed all of my games so i couldn't wait and found a way to activate it for free. And by no background no taskbar no startmenu i meant explorer.exe is not oppened in task mngr when the command prompt window closes than explorer.exe starts. Example. lets say i want to do a sfc /scannow i have to type it into command prompt but when i type cmd in start menu and run it it doesnt open even if i run it with administrator

....i got the watermark saying windows is not activated and it was bothering me so i found a way to activate windows for free. And i think thats when it started happening....
And that's your problem. Wipe the drive, reinstall Windows and DO NOT use wonky, illegal tools to bypass activation. Windows 10 can be run just fine without activation. If the watermark bothers you that much then purchase a legitimate key and activate properly. Once you have done that, should you still have problems, return and we'll assist. Until then, you have a pirated copy of Windows and will get no further assistance here.

Reactions: captaincharisma
OMG lol
No you didnt understand me.
Its a new pc a shop built it for me but without windows.
i installed windows and downloaded some stuff like steam discord games etc than 8hours later there was a watermark saying i need to activate windows and it overlayed all of my games so i couldn't wait and found a way to activate it for free. And by no background no taskbar no startmenu i meant explorer.exe is not oppened in task mngr when the command prompt window closes than explorer.exe starts. Example. lets say i want to do a sfc /scannow i have to type it into command prompt but when i type cmd in start menu and run it it doesnt open even if i run it with administrator

so you just admitted you are pirating windows 10 so yes it is likely whatever you used to activate windows illegally is messing up your install. likely infected your PC with a virus too

mkdgamer907

Reputable
Jun 29, 2018
so you just admitted you are pirating windows 10 so yes it is likely whatever you used to activate windows illegally is messing up your install. likely infected your PC with a virus too
I oppened up regedit and found command processor and there was a autorun key which was full of instructions i read them i saw explorer.exe and exit on the end and saw a thing called sound mixer.exe which i have never heard of. i deleted the autorun key and command prompt works but when i boot up my pc it opens command prompt in administrator and there is no background taskbar and start and i saw that in task mngr explorer.exe is not oppened i am now gonna do a safe mode full pc scan and hopefully reply with good news

Status
Not open for further replies.