Comments on the following Radeon brands

Montoya

Distinguished
May 3, 2003
Im looking at getting either a Radeon 9700 NP or maybe pro. Im still thinking about spending the extra doh.

I know Sapphire is a top brand but what about a couple other brands i have seen around offering cheaper priced cards: Powercolor & Excalibur.

Any experiences with these?

thanks in advance.

speeduk

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
Ive had a connect 3d 9700 pro since september last year, perfectly stable and i recommend it. Only problem is make sure you have a good psu. If you can afford it get the pro, the new dx9 games will thank you later in the year ;)

Powercolor can be iffy, make sure you don't get what they USED to cal the pro (now called the 9700'GOLD'), which was the NP but they called it a pro.

I still can't trust them for that.

If they are close in price then get the 9700pro, if it's anything above a 10% diff. then I would stick with the NP.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red> :tongue: GA to SK

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
I've got a R9700 Pro on an Antec 330W, so you should be fine.

...And all the King's horses and all the King's men couldn't put my computer back together again...

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
got my saphire 9500 pro, no complaints.

<font color=red> black </font color=red> <font color=green> white </font color=green> <font color=blue> yellow </font color=blue> <font color=orange> purple </font color=orange> <font color=black> red </font color=black> <font color=yellow> green </font color=yellow> <font color=purple> blue </font color=purple>

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
I said this in another post, but when I bought my 9500Pro yesterday, the third party cards used slower memory then the BBA card. If you can get a card built by ATi, then I would.

Pictures of my PC & Me!<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/html/Genetic_Weapon.html" target="_new">http://www.lochel.com/THGC/html/Genetic_Weapon.html</A>
<font color=red>Melb_Angel</font color=red>=<font color=blue>The other white meat!</font color=blue>