Commodore Announces New Quad-core C64x Extreme

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I still have my generation 2 C= 64c, and the add ons I bought for it years ago, I also have the 128 and an Sx 64, I don't need a PC in one case thats what Laptops are for. I built a computer for 1/2 of what they want for this latest toy. Thats what it is for $1500 a toy, I expect real computer performance at those prices not something that is 1ghz slower and no graphics card.

As for why they are using the name, they bought the rights to the name and can use any of the commodore name/insignia they wish.

G

I really wish folk who write rubbish like this would do some research first...

This company is not Commodore nor has it anything to do with the original Commodore Business Machines (CBM). It's simply a company called Commodore USA LLC who purchased a licence to use the Commodore, C64 & Amiga names to market and sell their overpriced products...

The C64x is nothing more than an overpriced PC running a C64 emulator the only thing retro about it is the case (which it's dubious as to whether CUSA even had permission to copy the design)...

So please get the facts rights, This is not a modernised version of the original C64 made by Commodore as you have stated and this company is in no way, shape or form anything to do with the original C64 or original Commodore products...

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
maybe that is a good thing not being related. Tempted to buy one to support the concept and evolution of the company. They need to start from somewhere. Plus at least if using more standard components it will be a hell a lot easier to upgrade as needed or for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.