Common Conflicting Files?

TheToBeGamer

Honorable
Mar 1, 2015
Dear Fellow gamers/developers,

I have been attempting to install multiple programs lately, and have all either failed to install or are failing to launch.
The List of programs are as follows:
Razer Synapse 2.0 (Failing to Launch)
Epic Games Launcher (Not installing correctly)
NVIDIA GeForce Experience (Not Installing correctly)
FEZ (Failing to Launch)
X-Split (Failing to Launch)

I Would like to get these programs installed and working on my computer ASAP, as i really need these programs to manipulate hardware and software. I have attempted to fix All of the Programs, But with no such luck. I have installed these software on other machines, and seem to be working just fine. Only this machine is having errors. (My Main System) I suspect a conflicting application or something, but all of the forums about this have multiple answers, but none of them have resolved the problems with these software, such as running the programs w/ administrator permissions, reinstalling, and system restoring. If any of you need any system info or specs, please give me a reply, and ill be happy to tell you. Thanks a lot!

-Nolan

Solution
Reset won't work as it relies on the image DISM cleans.

If you originally used that windows 10 product key on this PC, you don't need it again. When you get to part of a fresh install where it asks for a key, you click "I don't have a key" and win 10 should activate itself once its finished installing.

When you first used the product key on this PC, it was matched with another code that is made up of 13 other product keys (these match parts of the PC) and put on a database by Microsoft that shows it is a legit win 10 machine, so now anytime you reinstall win 10 on machine you don't need to enter it.

if there anything on PC you want to save, try this...

Colif

Win 11 Master
one option i can think of is try to run one of these programs and then looking in event viewer to see if any errors show there are same time. There should be some indication as to why its happening.

Its possible Synapse and Geforce need .net to run, have you got all the windows 10 updates?

try running sfc /scannow in a command prompt with admin rights, it might help.

TheToBeGamer

Honorable
Mar 1, 2015

1. When looking at event viewer, no application events, or administrator events take place, however when installing synapse, all i get is a info event telling me it installed correctly.

2.When attempting to install/reinstall .NET, it tells me that i have a newer version of .NET

3. When running sfc /scannow, Verification stops at 29%, and the text "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation."

4."Windows 10 is up-to-date."

Still nothing ;(, anything else i could try/send you?

-Nolan

TheToBeGamer

Honorable
Mar 1, 2015

Ok, I have attempted all the steps on that page, running the scans shows error 605. Looking it up and told me that it was a windows patch error and that I needed to uninstall it. The Patch was not installed, I'm not to sure what to do at this point.

Below are the errors when attempting the instructions in the thread.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586]
(c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\System32>Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.10586.0

Image Version: 10.0.10586.0

[==========================100.0%==========================]

Error: 87

An error occurred while processing the command.
Ensure that the command-line arguments are valid. For more information, review the log file.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

C:\Windows\System32>Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.10586.0

Image Version: 10.0.10586.0

[==========================100.0%==========================]

Error: 605

The specified buffer contains ill-formed data.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

C:\Windows\System32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 30% complete.

Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

C:\Windows\System32>echo

-Nolan

Colif

Win 11 Master
The only time I have seem error 87 is when the spaces were forgotten

You are just entering the command incorrectly. It should be this below with the spaces instead:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

(note the space after 'dism" & "online" & "image")

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-87-running-dism-online-cleanup-image/33be783f-6e3f-408b-9d0c-901cd19c14ea?auth=1

normally easiest way to make sure they are right is use copy/paste.

You might be best off going all out. Download a copy of the Windows 10 ISO from here: Win 10 media creation tool

Mount the ISO into file explorer (see http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3579-iso-img-file-mount-unmount-windows-10-a.html)

and then type this (Replacing X with the drive letter assigned to it)

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

Where "X" is the drive letter where the ISO is located. Simply change the "X" to the correct drive letter

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/system-file-check-sfc-scan-and-repair-system-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93

If that doesn't fix DISM nothing will.

TheToBeGamer

Honorable
Mar 1, 2015

Nope, when attempting to start Windows media creation kit, results in a error, all it tells me to do is restart my machine. When i do nothing happens and i get the same message.

I attempted to download the ISO off of another machine and put it onto a USB, it tells me that the ISO is corrupt.... :mad:

As of today, steam is now doing the same thing! It wont start! Looked on the steam forums and nothing could help me!

I attempted to go to a system backup from a day before. It works. Nothing changes. Steam still won't boot.

I've attempted to system restore. I've had it. Then...

"There was a problem resetting your PC. No files were changed". OMG

Looked it up, nothing i could find useful. Tried to go to advanced options or whatever, same result.

I have my windows 10 USB, but it wont work because the product key is invalid because i used it the first time!
I do not want to purchase windows 10 again. UGH

I Give up. HELP.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Reset won't work as it relies on the image DISM cleans.

If you originally used that windows 10 product key on this PC, you don't need it again. When you get to part of a fresh install where it asks for a key, you click "I don't have a key" and win 10 should activate itself once its finished installing.

When you first used the product key on this PC, it was matched with another code that is made up of 13 other product keys (these match parts of the PC) and put on a database by Microsoft that shows it is a legit win 10 machine, so now anytime you reinstall win 10 on machine you don't need to enter it.

if there anything on PC you want to save, try this: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

try using your win 10 USB and follow this: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

Solution