Compaq Presario 1235

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

Anyone got the 1235 (or something close) internal dial up modem to
work/install on winxp. Winxp installation calls it a 56K-DF but driver
error codes with a 10. Tried lots of different drivers from
driverguide.com but no banana :-(. Anyone got any ideas? TIA

hh

Better off not using the internal modem.Get a PCMCIA modem with WinXP
drivers. They run $30-40.
HH

"ted" <n6trf@arrl.net> wrote in message
> Anyone got the 1235 (or something close) internal dial up modem to
> work/install on winxp. Winxp installation calls it a 56K-DF but driver
> error codes with a 10. Tried lots of different drivers from
> driverguide.com but no banana :-(. Anyone got any ideas? TIA

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Its a lucent based modem you'll find driverd at lucent.com only thing is
that you will not hear dial tones. It will not go trhough your audio.

Bob

"Bob" <bobdawn1@verizon.net> wrote in message news:<Qagnc.19372$vz5.16980@nwrdny01.gnilink.net>...
> Its a lucent based modem you'll find driverd at lucent.com only thing is
> that you will not hear dial tones. It will not go trhough your audio.

Got their v8.3 & it hangs the 1235 :-(.

> "ted" <n6trf@arrl.net> wrote in message
> > Anyone got the 1235 (or something close) internal dial up modem to
> > work/install on winxp. Winxp installation calls it a 56K-DF but driver
> > error codes with a 10. Tried lots of different drivers from
> > driverguide.com but no banana :-(. Anyone got any ideas? TIA

goldy

Distinguished
May 31, 2004

what operating system ? Xp recognized mine right off
on my compaq 1200 laptop as a lucent 56k v.90 pci df modem

"ted" <n6trf@arrl.net> wrote in message
> Anyone got the 1235 (or something close) internal dial up modem to
> work/install on winxp. Winxp installation calls it a 56K-DF but driver
> error codes with a 10. Tried lots of different drivers from
> driverguide.com but no banana :-(. Anyone got any ideas? TIA

TRENDING THREADS