Comparative Component Charts

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SgtBilko

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2008
Well looking at the posts in the forum, I think you would be forced to agree that, no one is impressed with the charts the way they are at the moment.
It also seems obvious that Tomshardware are in no hurry to do anything to change that (the last six months of virtual inactivity supports that).
If it's lack of manpower or a change in direction, who knows.
Tom has benched his benchmarks and put his charts on the back burner.
Bigger fish to fry? Or just cost cutting, your guess is as good as mine.
I miss having a really good tool to help me, not only compare, but also decide what I should upgrade to and when it is cost effective for me to do so.
One thing is clear though, in it's present state, the charts are useless for doing this.
That isn't just bad for me it's bad for Toms as well. It's a free service for us but don't be naive, someone pays for it.
ie. the advertisers. Apropo Nvidia, AMD/ATI and Intel to name a few.
If those guys don't see a return then it's bye bye to the advertising revenue and possibly bye bye Tomshardware, and that would be a crying shame!

SgtBilko

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2008
Just curious, why are my latest posts being deleted?
I'm not being abusive and the things I have posted have relevance.
After all, if you're going to have charts, they must be up to date.
Otherwise it's nothing more than an archive.

earlyadopter

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2008
Would be really nice at the top of each chart to have a link to explanations what those values really mean, in what cases higher or lower values makes difference and where they don't matter, and -- overall how to interpret those charts. I.e., "if you're only watching video and don't play 3d games this and that parameter shouldn't matter for you"... I'm saying "a link" because I'm almost sure you already explained that somewhere, but for a reader who does not follow the site closely it might be a challenge to find those explanations.

Status
Not open for further replies.