[SOLVED] comparing 2 coolers for ryzen 3600

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

yehiambenshushan

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2012
hey there, for a gaming pc, with ryzen 3600 - i'm thinking of getting ANTEC C400 / CoolerMaster masterliquid ML240 lite

the ML240 is more expensive, but my question is - does it worth the extra money?
in my country is about 30$ more

Solution
There's different designs on the ML240L AIO's. The ML240L is the 'lite' version, so if a corner could be cut to save a little on production costs, it got it. Smaller tubing, less powerful pump, older pump generation etc. It's the cheapest and most unreliable, and lowest performance model. Equate it to a 4cyl Ford Mustang.

Above that is the ML240 which didn't have as many corners cut, but still isn't a great performer. 6cyl Mustang.

On top is the ML240R, which has the larger tubing, better flow, stronger pump etc. It's what the ML240 class cooler should have been all along. 8cyl Mustang GT.

Honestly, neither of your choices are great, the aircooler isn't any better than the stock cooler, and the aio (I prefer liquid coolers) I'd not...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah? that so much?
I just found I can get those noctuas from another store.

so you say that #3 will be my best best option among all the other I mention in this topic? even compare to water system like the Antec Mercury 240 ?

BTW My case will be ANTEC DP501 with 3 fans in the front and another in the back
Big time.

That Antec Mercury is actually crap: https://www.kitguru.net/components/cooling/dominic-moass/antec-mercury-240-aio-review/
Pros

• Reasonably quiet.
  • Installation is simple enough.
  • LEDs may appeal to some.
Cons

• LED pump turns red at 41C – rendering it pointless.
  • Tubing is very inflexible.
  • Out-performed by a £35 air cooler.
  • Arctic Liquid Freezer 240 is an all-round better product for less.
KitGuru says: There are a few too many issues with the Mercury 240 for us to give it an award. Primarily, it is outperformed by a £35 air cooler which is hard to take considering this is an £80 liquid cooler.

FoxVoxDK

Distinguished
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cougar-aqua-240

Judge yourself! xD

Overall it seems decent, only minus it has is the fact is lacks controller software from the fact. But meh, this is easily controlled via PWM anyways.

DcdYtsEtnVe77jjYta8649-970-80.png