[SOLVED] Compatability check - Advice needed

SpiralScrub

Prominent
Dec 6, 2019
I'm thinking of using these parts for my pc, could anyone let me know if these will work fine together? As long as they're compatable i'll be getting them asap, so any help is appreciated.

Motherboard - MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX
Processor - AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
And some DDR4 ram

Also, I haven't decided on a graphics card, but this can wait.

Thanks,

Reactions: punkncat
Solution
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Yes they will work fine. Don't necessarily need the MAX version MB if the non-MAX version is cheaper.
Also you'll probably want 3000 RAM at least to utilise Ryzen's RAM usage.

SlugBugBuddy

Reputable
Jul 29, 2019
I'm thinking of using these parts for my pc, could anyone let me know if these will work fine together? As long as they're compatable i'll be getting them asap, so any help is appreciated.

And some DDR4 ram

Thanks,

And some DDR4 ram

Thanks,
PCTailor is right, AMD's Ryzen CPUs greatly benefit from nice high speed RAM.
I would suggest 16gb of Corsair Vengence LPX 3200mhz
https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-3000MHz-Desktop-Memory/dp/B0143UM4TC/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=corsair+vengeance+lpx&qid=1575662548&sr=8-1&th=1
OR
16gb 3200Mhz Crucial Ballistix Sport
https://www.amazon.com/Ballistix-Sp...r_1_5?keywords=DDR4+Ram&qid=1575662585&sr=8-5

The brand doesn't really matter as much as its actual specs, i would just suggest getting RAM that's rated for 3200, even if it means only setting it to 3000mhz (2933mhz) for a more stable expereince

I have a Ryzen 7 2700x in my other PC and ive got to say: it has to be the best CPU this world has to offer for mid-range processors

SlugBugBuddy

Reputable
Jul 29, 2019
Alright great, thanks for the help so far. Is there any chance you's can tell me the below graphics card would work fine with this setup?

Radeon RX VEGA 65 Nitro - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapp...hbm2-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-38j-sp.html
That Motherboard and CPU offers enough PCI lanes to support basically any consumer GPU in existance. that GPU in particular looks perfect for your system. I would suggest adding an extra case fan or two and give your case a good airflow setup. that way you can Overclock it to your liking without worrying about it overheating

Another good GPU to look at would be an AMD RX 580 8Gb, but if you have your heart set for Vega graphics, don't let me get in the way. this one is on a huge sale V V V but I don't know if the sale applies in your region depending on the currency you use