[SOLVED] Compatability - Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 and Intel i5-9600k

Feb 18, 2019
Trying to search online to see how these two will behave with each other. Looking to upgrade after about 6-7 years. I've read that I might need to update the bios for the cpu to work. Others are saying theirs worked fine. Looking to get a more clear and concise answer on here. First time building on my own, but not completely new to it. Current specs: Gigabyte Z68A--D3H-B3 with i5-3450S

Solution

guess you didn't look far enough. You could try to get the bios update on a flash and run it if you can get into bios. But you could just ask the seller to update it for you, depends on your country and seller. We have sellers that even test and show you the parts working.
Either that or just get the z390 and get over the drama.

Honestly if you had asked this a month ago I could've told you my bios version that came with my Aorus z370 tho that may differ. Check the manufacturer's page and see the bios version they ship it with (exact same version and revision)

Cioby

Distinguished

guess you didn't look far enough. You could try to get the bios update on a flash and run it if you can get into bios. But you could just ask the seller to update it for you, depends on your country and seller. We have sellers that even test and show you the parts working.
Either that or just get the z390 and get over the drama.

Honestly if you had asked this a month ago I could've told you my bios version that came with my Aorus z370 tho that may differ. Check the manufacturer's page and see the bios version they ship it with (exact same version and revision)

Solution