[SOLVED] Compatibility Check Help

Nov 6, 2018
Hey guys, I created a computer build on pcpartspicker. I wanted to know if all the parts are compatible. I did some research and believe they all are but wanted to know for sure. The link is below all this text.......(The GPU is not the actual one I will be getting. The real one is an "Asus Rog-Strix GTX 1080ti 11gb".) Please let me know, thank you.

LINK: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2Lhghy

Looks compatible but kinda confused on some points.

Adding in a high end air cooler that’s not going to get you much more than the boxed rgb cooler.

The upside of amd mobos is the lower prices compared to intel but this board is as expensive as a very high quality intel.

Very expensive case that, while nice, doesn’t provide any benefit over cases in the $100-$120 range.

The money saved could be used on a higher quality mouse and mechanical keyboard. Or, upgrading the monitor to 1440p/144hz. Or... stepping the gpu down to a 1070 (or ti) and getting a 1440/144hz/gsync.

Nov 6, 2018

I am definitely fine on spending money on this computer and am completely willing to add on cost. Money isn't an issue right now, what mobo would you recommend? Also i read on many forums and reviews that cpu cooler that comes with it "rgb", doesnt do the job well enough if overclocked. I want to have the option to OC if needed and through many online searches, I found the bequiet fan for this cpu to be the best option. Also as of the monitor, I will be using a 1080p 144hz monitor 24", the ,monitor in the list isnt correct.

Nov 6, 2018

What power supply do you recommend? Based on past experience.

EVGA G2 or G3 are amazing PSUs. I usually stick to them. There are plenty other good ones though. If you have one you are interested in, always search the review database at www.jonnyguru.com and see what he had to say.