[SOLVED] Compatibility Check please

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

iCeMhaN

Commendable
May 2, 2017
Hi guys I just want to ask some advice, I already finalize my build and would like to ask assistance if this build is compatible and okay. I'll be upgrading my PC in this type of build. If the budget will be okay i'll be also planning to add a Corsair H100i Pro RGB if it fits?

Proc: Ryzen 5 3600
Mobo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Graphics: ASUS Dual GTX 1060 3gb OC (Currently own this one atm)
RAM: Hyper X Predator 3200mhz 2 x 8gb CL16 1.35v
PSU: Aerocool X-Strike 500w
SSD: Samsung EVO 860 500gb SSD 2.5 sata; R|W: 550|520 100k|90K, pn: MZ-76E500BW
HDD: Seagate ST31000524AS 1TB (Currently own this one atm)

Thank you.

Last edited:
Solution
Okay so I'm all good except for the PSU? Do you think guys it will run in my current PSU? What might be the problem with my current PSU?
Will it run? Yes.
Is it a good idea? Probably not.

Cheap PSUs use lower grade OEM manufacturers and use cheap components which risk the safety of your other components. And the last thing you should scrimp on, is the component that literally provides direct power to your entire system.

Cheap PSUs = Cheap Components = Risk to your rig.

You can also see a guide I'd made, and refer to the first point here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...when-selecting-parts-for-a-custom-pc.3510178/

iCeMhaN

Commendable
May 2, 2017
Hi guys sorry for bringing this up again. I just want to ask about my video card the last time I check there was a AMD and NVIDIA video card I'm not pretty sure if mine is NVIDIA or AMD card will it be compatible to my current build spec?

iCeMhaN

Commendable
May 2, 2017
No worries at all.

Just remember to select a best answer for others visiting the forum to see when you're happy with a solution :)
I already did thanks one last thing. I'm planning to get now Seasonic Focus Gold 750GX, 750watts PSU, full modular

Well I'm kinda confused are you familiar with Seasonic Focus+ Gold one? Is that different from the one without a plus? What do you think about the PSU? Its around $110

Reactions: PC Tailor

iCeMhaN

Commendable
May 2, 2017
So do you think the warranty of Seasonic (just in case) it toasted my hardware does Seasonic replace those lost hardware? Just like in Corsair AIO's i've read some threads that Corsair replaces damage hardware due to leaking AIO's.

WildCard999

Titan
So do you think the warranty of Seasonic (just in case) it toasted my hardware does Seasonic replace those lost hardware? Just like in Corsair AIO's i've read some threads that Corsair replaces damage hardware due to leaking AIO's.
If a high end unit such as the Focus Gold (or Plus) ruins your hardware it's more then likely user error. High end PSU's have fail safes to keep from damaging your other hardware.

Reactions: PC Tailor

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Agreed with Wildcard, I'd be shocked if a Seasonic Focus Plus ever ruined hardware, to be fair anything reasonable shouldn't, the Focus plus is higher end.

But with AIO yes they will cover it, because there is no way on this earth a AIO should leak.
Budget PSUs are sold as is, and are sold under the premise that the buyer will use it in a sensible system, so the warranty usually won't cover other parts. As with any PSU manufacturer I know.