[SOLVED] Compatibility error with MSI b350m bazooka and Ryzen 5 5600x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billowleaf

Prominent
Feb 16, 2021
So I got my hands on a Ryzen 5 5600x and I did not realize that my motherboard wasn't compatible. It is the b350m bazooka, and is compatible with the AMD processors up to (and including) the 3000 series processors. The website for compatibility of the motherboard can be found here; https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350M-BAZOOKA#support-cpu. I was wondering if there was any way to get around the error or if I have to get a new motherboard. The problem that I have been having is that the PC powers on but does not actually do anything. I already downloaded the newest BIOS update for my motherboard and installed it properly, and it worked with my old processor, a Ryzen 5 1400. Any ideas on fixes for this? Thanks!

Solution
B350 doesn't support zen3 CPUs.
Even with a BIOS update.
It will support zen 2 (ryzen 3000 series) CPUs though.

Although AsRock came up with some beta BIOSes to support zen 3 on b350, they are a hit and miss thing from what I've read.

See if you can return your motherboard.
And in the future, always use something like pcpartpicker to see whether your parts are compatible, and which motherboards with which CPUs will need a BIOS update to work together.

sds20020024

Reputable
Jan 23, 2019
B350 doesn't support zen3 CPUs.
Even with a BIOS update.
It will support zen 2 (ryzen 3000 series) CPUs though.

Although AsRock came up with some beta BIOSes to support zen 3 on b350, they are a hit and miss thing from what I've read.

See if you can return your motherboard.
And in the future, always use something like pcpartpicker to see whether your parts are compatible, and which motherboards with which CPUs will need a BIOS update to work together.

Reactions: drea.drechsler
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS