Compatibility Graphic gtx-1070 on my Workstation Precision T7500

Solution
You might have issues due to the PC being kinda old. The GPU uses a vBIOS and the PC might be using EFI Legacy Bios wich would be incompatible. You have to the check the BIOS and say wether its a UEFI or EFI BIOS. People get GTX1060's running with older Precision or HP desktops but the issue is the BIOS compability

IHateSmurfs

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
You might have issues due to the PC being kinda old. The GPU uses a vBIOS and the PC might be using EFI Legacy Bios wich would be incompatible. You have to the check the BIOS and say wether its a UEFI or EFI BIOS. People get GTX1060's running with older Precision or HP desktops but the issue is the BIOS compability

Solution
Apr 16, 2018

Manu very thanks man!
Just to be sure... so, in order to work well, I must have a bios UEFI ...or EFI?
And in negative case, is something updatable?
Another thing... you say gtx-1060 works well, ok, and it have 4 or 6 GB... but what about gtx-1070 with 8 GB ?
Thanks

IHateSmurfs

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
I mean if your BIOS is EUFI it's all good. You just have to measure to check if it'll fit. And yes, either 4-6-8 GB graphics card will work as long as you got space and EUFI BIOS. Anyways if I helped make sure to select my answer as the best one so if other people have the same problem they can check this thread!

EDIT: You said GTX1060 comes with either 4-6GB, wrong. It's 3GB or 6GB being the 6GB the fully unlocked chip.

Apr 16, 2018

Ok, Now I got it!
Many thanks Man