Jul 20, 2018
hi there i recently brought a Rx 460 used for my PC to
upgrade from my HD 6670 1GB when i went to collect i made
sure to see the card working and the seller installed it into
a PC and show it working using the HDMI fast forward to back home and
i'm installing it into my PC and everything is ok until i try boot
plugged in my HDMI to VGA adapter and powered my PC up but for some
reason i would get on signal. my first idea was it was an issue with
the adapter so i tried it with my old card and same issue confirmingthat. so i tried
using my TV plugging the HDMI straight in no signal I've tried booting in safe mode ,clearing
the CMOS and have brought a DVI-D to VGA and still no signal. now the realLy weird thing is for
some reason when the Rx 460 is plugged in the USB ports on my PC don't work if i unplug my mouse and plug it back in the laser flashes for a split second all of these thing put together make me think it might be a power issue but i have 600W psu and the rx460 is only a 75w card so is it a issue with the motherboard not being able to supply enough power?

UPDATE!!!!!
after updating the BIOS with both the F6 and F7a updates and repeating all other fix's with the old BIOS with them i still get no signal from the GPU or mother board when when the Rx 460 is installed however the issue of the USB ports not working is fixed which gives me some hope that this can be fixed so any new ideas or am i going to have to bite the bullet and buy a new mother board and cpu. thanks for all the help and lets hope we fix this.

specs:
I5-3330s
8GB DDR3 (2X4GB)
Gigabyte H61MA-D2V
600W CORSAIR PSU
120GB SAMSUNG SSD
500GB SEAGATE HDD
RX 460 WF OC 2GB

Solution
Hey, Winters from R6 reddit here.

It's just a tip but what I've found about your motherboard is that it might need a bios update for more VGA support.
The latest bios version for your MB includes this: Improve High-End Display card compatibility
The version number is F7a.

But before you do that, it's worth trying out the card in another PC if you can to make sure that the card is working properly.

If it is, read the bios update instructions carefully and do exactly what it says. It's an easy process but if an error comes up, you can brick your motherboard, meaning you have to buy a new one, so be with flashing it.
Jul 24, 2018
Hey, Winters from R6 reddit here.

It's just a tip but what I've found about your motherboard is that it might need a bios update for more VGA support.
The latest bios version for your MB includes this: Improve High-End Display card compatibility
The version number is F7a.

But before you do that, it's worth trying out the card in another PC if you can to make sure that the card is working properly.

If it is, read the bios update instructions carefully and do exactly what it says. It's an easy process but if an error comes up, you can brick your motherboard, meaning you have to buy a new one, so be with flashing it.

Solution