Compatibility Of GPU and Motherboard.

greglipka

Reputable
May 29, 2014
Hey guys I just wanted to ask if the GTX 760 gigabyte 4gb was compatible with the MSI A88X-G43.

This is my first build so Im a little noobish when it comes to compatibilty.

Thanks!

Solution

Hello and welcome to Toms. :)

That M/B does have 1 PCI-E 3.0 slot which the 760 was built for so I see no problem with it. Just make sure the PSU you get has at least a 6 pin and 8 pin plug rated at least for 500 watts with 30 amps on the 12V rail. That is minimum requirements for that GPU.

You should probably tell us your budget, intended use and list everything you intend to get to give us a better perspective of your overall build thus getting a more accurate response specific to your needs.
;)

Good luck to you and once again welcome to THFG!

arthurh

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2002

Hello and welcome to Toms. :)

That M/B does have 1 PCI-E 3.0 slot which the 760 was built for so I see no problem with it. Just make sure the PSU you get has at least a 6 pin and 8 pin plug rated at least for 500 watts with 30 amps on the 12V rail. That is minimum requirements for that GPU.

You should probably tell us your budget, intended use and list everything you intend to get to give us a better perspective of your overall build thus getting a more accurate response specific to your needs.
;)

Good luck to you and once again welcome to THFG!

Solution

greglipka

Reputable
May 29, 2014

Thanks! What a speedy response haha.
Thats good to know since I've actually already bought my gpu and its just the motherboard that I have left to buy.
My Psu is the CX600M so I think thats good enough :D

Heres my full build:
GTX 760 4gb version
AMD APU A10-7850k
The motherboard listed above
CX600M
Corsair Vengance 8gb(2x4) 1600-ddr3
Corsair 300r windowed

greglipka

Reputable
May 29, 2014

That I do understand and there is a good story to why I do have it.
I Met one of my dads good friends whilst going out to lunch with my dad and my dads friend happened to be Head of global sales for AMD, After talking he said he would give me a free CPU and thats how i got it,
I know that 8 cores will more or less be wasted but i just dont have the funds to by a CPU right now. But im presuming it is compatible?

arthurh

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2002

Yes the M/B you asked about will work with both your CPU and GPU. :)