Question Compatibility question - XPG SPECTRIX S40G 1TB & Asus TUF B450M-PRO GAMING

DilyanD

Honorable
Apr 19, 2016
Hello,

Since it's the first time I'm gonna buy an NVMe drive & they are kinda unknown to me, I'd like to ask whether or not the following are compatible with each other:

Adata XPG SPECTRIX S40G
Asus TUF B450M-PRO GAMING

I physically checked my motherboard and saw it supports type 2280 drives, which is the type of that SSD.
However, I see some other specs of the mobo written in brackets - "(SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)". What does "4 mode" mean? I can see there's also "2 mode".
I can't find anything about these modes in SSD's specifications.

I am also confused as to which of the following am I supposed to look at?

3hRerKN.png

I have a 3rd gen Ryzen (3600X).

Another question: I literally saw this text while making this post.

*1 The M.2_1 Socket shares bandwidth with the SATA_5/6 ports, and therefore the SATA_5/6 ports cannot be used when an M.2 device is installed.
*2 The M.2_2 Socket shares bandwidth with the SATA_3/4 ports, and therefore the SATA_3/4 ports cannot be used when an M.2 device is installed.

Does that mean I will not be able to use any (or in fact even one of them, I can't afford that) of my 3 other storage devices?
I have an HDD and two more SSDs, I believe more details would be irrelevant but if needed, I can name 'em.

Thanks.
DilyanD.

EDIT: Nevermind the second question, I figured it out. I hadn't noticed the SATA_5/6 ports on my motherboard. Yeah, I ain't using them, so I should be fine if I put the SSD in the M.2_1 Socket.

Last edited: