Jun 1, 2017
Hi everyone, recently I purchased an extreme budget PC with:

MoBo: ThinkCentre m71e
Video cars: Nvidia GTS450
HDD: 250 Gb
Power Supply: Sentey BXP 600
Processor: i3-2200
Ram: 2x2GB

I bought it as a starter project pc (I knew parts were iffy), but I strived to improve. So I encountered problems with the HDD, purchased a new 1TB one. And am going to replace the Ram for 2x8GB.

So everything is going perfect. However, a friend of mine sold me the EVGA Nvidia GTX 780 TI for a very decent price, which I purchased, since I was abroad when I bought it, we expected no problem, he's very computer-savy, I'm not so much. And we didn't have the pc there to fit it, so we expected the best. However when I came back to install my newly purchased video card, I encountered a problem with the power cables. I could only find a 6-pin connector, and the card requieres one 6-pin and another 8-pin. So I'm asking if there's any compatibility issue, is there anything I need to change? is it going to work?

Bonus: I can't manage to find the fan connector to put back my old gts 450 in, in order to go back to the previous established pc. Any help?

Edit: already fixed my old card. Need help with new one :)

Edit: Edited from Sentry to Sentey

[two posts merged by moderator]

FFalck

Prominent
Jun 1, 2017
@okcnaline thanks! I purchased today a Corsair CX 750M. Should that work? Because I tried to get it wired today but I couldn't manage to do so :(. Am I doing something wrong? A friend of mine is helping me tomorrow. I just couldn't get it to work as it went on and then immediately turned off. Powered the video card but turned off again. Maybe I was missing a wire or something. I'm just wondering if it's compatible?