Jul 27, 2023
Hi there,
I have a question as to a graphic card upgrade. Considering my current pc I'm desperate to upgrade to get more fps.
I have to play all games on low to keep up with competitive games like apex, overwatch and call of duty. Below is my spec
2070 super (2 fans)
Ryzen 5 3600x
750 supply
Aorus b450 pro (non wifi)
Ram 16gb vengence pro
1440 gaming 27" monitor
I was looking at 3060ti for a budget upgrade but based on initial reading it won't do much. 4070 was my second thought, but to future proof it I do consider 4070ti.
With above cards what would be the potential bottleneck right now?
Scan.co.uk suggested upgrading CPU go ryzen 7 5800x3d - thoughts?
Would my motherboard be good enough still or needs upgrade?
I really want to upgrade now, but not sure if it's the right time. I could probably get a new rig next year if I start saving, depends on my current rig if anything is worth keeping or just start fresh.

Thanks!

Hi there,
I have a question as to a graphic card upgrade. Considering my current pc I'm desperate to upgrade to get more fps.
I have to play all games on low to keep up with competitive games like apex, overwatch and call of duty. Below is my spec
2070 super (2 fans)
Ryzen 5 3600x
750 supply
Aorus b450 pro (non wifi)
Ram 16gb vengence pro
1440 gaming 27" monitor
I was looking at 3060ti for a budget upgrade but based on initial reading it won't do much. 4070 was my second thought, but to future proof it I do consider 4070ti.
With above cards what would be the potential bottleneck right now?
Scan.co.uk suggested upgrading CPU go ryzen 7 5800x3d - thoughts?
Would my motherboard be good enough still or needs upgrade?
I really want to upgrade now, but not sure if it's the right time. I could probably get a new rig next year if I start saving, depends on my current rig if anything is worth keeping or just start fresh.

Thanks!
With 5800x3d sky is the limit. MB is good enough no question but would lack support for PCe gen4 for GPU's like 4070(ti.) to reach full performance although not by much,
PSU might be a concern, just saying 750W is not enough.