Question Compatible Graphics card

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
Hi there,
I am refurbishing a friends PC with a better PSU and GPU,it seems the PCIE on the Motherboard is 3.0{link below}
its and old board with a I7 3rd gen CPU.
he only plays roblox,minecraft mostly so a basic card will suffice,i fitted a GTX570 but it was not compatible,also tried a GTX1650 also did not work.a card that will run ok without any bottlenecks
does this mean i have to use a card that is PCIe 3.0 x16?
i have fitted a decent 650watt Antec PSU that seems fine.
any assistance is much appreciated,thanks in advance

https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...ntel-desktop-board-dx79to/specifications.html

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
have a look at this compatible builds
https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/To-Intel-X79/139755

should run both the gpus you tried, maybe updating the BIOS before could help.
after installing the GPU, reset the BIOS and then try to power on
which GPU was running before you tried upgrading?
is it still running with it?
maybe replacing the cmos battery c with a new one could help as well
its an old card,it only gets power from the PCIE slot(no cables required,
the only info i could find on the card is...Gigabyte GV-R5670C-1Gi
yes the old GPU is running fine,when i install the GTX570 with 2x6pin connectors,the PC make 4 beeps and has no display,the GTX 1650 did not beep,just had no display
https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-R567OC-1GI#ov

Last edited:
Hi there,
I am refurbishing a friends PC with a better PSU and GPU,it seems the PCIE on the Motherboard is 3.0{link below}
its and old board with a I7 3rd gen CPU.
he only plays roblox,minecraft mostly so a basic card will suffice,i fitted a GTX570 but it was not compatible,also tried a GTX1650 also did not work.a card that will run ok without any bottlenecks
does this mean i have to use a card that is PCIe 3.0 x16?
i have fitted a decent 650watt Antec PSU that seems fine.
any assistance is much appreciated,thanks in advance

https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...ntel-desktop-board-dx79to/specifications.html
Update the bios to the latest one for the mobo. Check the bios for a legacy mode option and see if that gets a GPU working.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
do i need to download that,unzip it and copy the application file to a USB drive?..atm im having issues trying to access the bios,when i tap F2 the pc is beeping and often it wont bring up the bios

Try disconnect OS drive

Is there a beep sequence? Could have other issues not relating to graphics card. Try one memory stick in second slot from cpu.

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
Try disconnect OS drive

Is there a beep sequence? Could have other issues not relating to graphics card. Try one memory stick in second slot from cpu.
yes when i tap F2 it give constant beeps,i will diconect the ssd and just insert the USB drive with the bios update on it

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
Yes unzipped, no folders. Bios rom file is what bios will read and update from. The clickable exe is for updating via Windows only.
im having difficulty finding the update utility in the Bios,can you help with this,im in bios now and have the usb drive inserted with update on it,do i need to set the usb as boot priority?..i made sure this is enabled in bios....Enable Display F7 to Update BIOS...but when i boot up and tap F7 its just not going to this option
thank you so much for your help

Last edited:

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
Doesn't look like it has update utility. Think you'll have to do it in Windows.

This thread might help.

i think i have it now...Flashing image for recovery firmware(in progress)
i successfully installed the new bios,but...the GTX 570 still did not work,atm im trying the GTX1650,it booted but then got a blue screen error.

Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart,were just collecting some error info,and then we will restart...sitting at 0% complete

SUCCESS,i installed the GTX1650,installed the Nvidia drivers,and its running fine,no crash so far...woohoo.
many thanks for your assistance,i could not have solved this without your help

Last edited:
Reactions: boju