compatible motherboard with gpu

Jun 22, 2018
Hello to everyone , I'm not an expert in the matter. I would like to know if my motherboard is compatible with a gpu i would like to buy,
My PC :
Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz
16 GB RAM DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX950
HDD 2TB
Motherboard : ASUSTeK M32CD_A_F_K20CD_K31CD
I would like to buy a GTX 1060 6GB or gtx 1050TI 4gb , so i want to know if my current motherboard is compatible with anyone of those two.
If not compatible, what other gpu could I buy as an alternative to the gtx950?

Btw, my computer is prebuilt by Asus.
Thanks!

jawlesspython04

Distinguished
May 25, 2014
A quick google search tells us that the computer is a pre built by Asus (as you said) and It has 1x PCIe x16 slot. So yes, all the GPUs you mentioned are compatible.

I would take a look at the Power Supply though, as the website says the system has three different ones it ships with. One is a 200W Peak, One is 300W Peak and one is 500W Peak and that tells us nothing about the PSU. "Peak Power" is just a gimmick. It tells you how much the PSU can supply in the best case scenario, whether that be for a split second. Open up your case and see what PSU you have. If it is a 450W Continuous Power or more, In theory you can use the cards you said. If the PSU is good quality or not, thats a completely different story.

As jawlesspython04 mentioned, the motherboard is of a 6th gen Intel chipset so it should not be an issues to run the 1060 on that motherboard.
but prebuilt systems more often than not have low end or insufficient power supplies in their cases.

can you open the case, and either;
- take a picture of it showing make/model or
- tell us make/model and how many amps is listed under 12V on the label of the power supply inside your case.