Complete system crash

Dec 31, 2018
I had a issue that i was sick of seening over the past year of this pc is that it is an unactivated windowa even though i have a key that worked in the past so i tried to reinstall windows and about a week go by and my games crash out of no where, google freezes 1 blue screen. I revert to older version of windows thinking this would fix it. A few days go by google just crashing. I was able to get my most important file and save it to a google drive before it would just go straight to a blue screen after loading the bios. It took over 2 weeks for my pc to become usless and a crash fest. It is only able to access the bios before it goes to boot anything else and bluescreen. Sorry if this is written bad im on a phone.( the computer parts I am using are over a year old I bought them in February of 2018 so they're not that new)

Dec 31, 2018
Thats not the issue anymore my whole pc now after reinstalling windows to see if it could fix that issue has caused my pc to blue screen after every thing i can only access the bios.

Follow the instructions in your owner's manual to reset the CMOS, and try re-installing Windows again.

Dec 31, 2018
Already reset cmos cant get get into the usb that contains windows as i said i bios is really the only thing that i can use. Anything in the boot screen for the mobo is the only options i have that work. When it goes to any other drive like the usb or sata or pci it just loads infinitely or blue screens i can try to reset the cmos again and hope for the best.

If reseting the CMOS doesn't work, then your MB may have died.

Dec 31, 2018
Ok i have a more in depth video i recorded of this issu being posted on T10 Titan. The video title should be (PC more into depth of its condition) hope what i show you can help you see if it is the mobo or any thing else as i really need help with this pc i dont want to take it to a repair shop since most of them here are not good and just a joke.

T10Titan

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olaYroVMiy4&t=237s This is a video of my computer and all the errors it has cause I dont know how the mobo would of died if it has so I will see if computer works with my previous fx-8350 parts. and this is my other account.

All electronics work perfectly. Right up until they don't!
You mention your "previous fx-8350 parts". What did you change to/from? Complete system specs(both old and new) would be helpful!

T10Titan

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
My New system build: Gtx 1070 mini zotac, ryzen 1700 oc to 3.9, gskill ripjaws 16gb ram 4x4gb, 1TB WD ssd, 250gb m.2, mobo msi x370 plus, 500 W Bronze EVGA psu, and a 500gb hdd had 2 but gave one to a friend (both from last build but not much use).

last parts: Fx-8350, 16gbs of ram 2x4gb gskill 2x4gb pny, R7 350 but used the gtx 1070 for like 2 weeks on it, the mobo is asus msa99fx r2.0, and the two hdd that i had before now only 1 and only used to store game files. also same psu.

When you switched your HDDs to your new MB & CPU, Did you do a totally clean install of Windows, I.E. Did you format your C: drive before you re-installed Windows? If not there could still be some left over drivers and files expecting to see your old hardware, and therefore causing issues with your new installation.

Dec 31, 2018
I never used the drives i put my new windows on the m.2 and had it working back in February 2018. I gave the one that had windows to my friend i really only ever used them a few times and the one i used the most didnt have windows on it.

i just noticed that your PSU is the 500watt bronze EVGA.
this is NOT one of EVGA's better units, and could be the issue with your new system. You also said that the PSU is a holdover from your old system. As PSUs age, they become less able to deliver their rated output. When you add in the fact that it is not a very good unit to begin with, I strongly suspect that it just might be the source of your system problems.

Acvcording to this:
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/
your PSU is in tier 6, of a 7 tier scale where tier 7 is suitable for use as a paperweight(as long as you do not plug the PSU in!).

Dec 31, 2018
I would consider if it was more of a power issue if it would of happend more then 11 months ago but the parts i have have been working for almost a year now and the psu even more. I wont rule it out it just doesn't seem like a psu issue to me ill look into it more and see if it is right now. And mine would be the tier 5 500w bronze

All electronics work perfectly, until suddenly they don't! And your PSU is several years old. Is it even under warranty, still? Tier 5, tier 6, it is still not considered a quality unit.

T10Titan

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017

PSU Issue it out as. I am guessing something is up with the motherboard or the m.2 I will try to build it back up again and try to boot from my 1TB ssd then if that works I will try to boot from the m.2 or access it if the ssd works. I will update when I rebuild the pc and put in the motherboard and m.2 back in and try to boot off it

Dec 31, 2018
Sorry for long delay had a fire in my backyard shed, and had to do lots of writing. But i have it all together with a new psu that does work and still windows crashes at start up. Could the cpu be and issue? As the gpu should be working fine for the most part. I really need to pin point the hardware issue my guess is either mobo or cpu. But i got no way to test either.

T10Titan

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017

If you are saying for me to use windows 10 every computer I have used. I will also update my experiences I have 2 months or more for an RMA for my EVGA psu. Now I will talk about my test.

Test 1 System (Added) - FX-8350, 16gb ram ddr3. Mobo( Asus MSA99FX PRO R2.0) (Kept) - EVGA 500w 80+B, 1TB SSD, GTX 1070.
Ran for a bit but would have an issue where the computer would freeze and would play a high pitch pixelated buzzing noise This would happen randomly (any time I opened castle crashers it would do this). While testing I had task manager open to see if there were any spikes with the performance none were seen while right before it crashed.

Test 2 (whole new system) Q 9500, 6gb ddr2 ram, HDD 500gb, mobo (Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R) R7 350 450 B PSU.
Won't read the SSD or won't boot off any drive as it says there are no drives. (note it also says after the menu for all the shortcuts like f8 to get into the bios it will say at the top for half a second " only reads HDD and Floppy" or around that, I don't know if they have anything to do with it.) Couldn't install windows 10 on the HDD or as it gave me an error I formatted it and it gave me the same error. So i switched to the HDD that I had in my original computer and put it in this one to replace it was installing it but restarted the 80% of the way and it didn't go back into the windows installation.

Test 3 (My main parts) Ryzen 1700 factory, 1TB SSD, 256gb m.2, GTX 1070, 16GB ddr4 ram, Mobo (MSI Gaming Plus) New Parts (450w Bronze PSU from the older pc)
Same BSOD's as before so I stopped it.

Test 4 Ryzen 1700 factory, 1TB SSD, GTX 1070, Testing each ram stick 4gb per module, 500w psu B, MSI mobo, m.2 256gb.
All test were the same gave me the same BSOD's. I then switch the GTX to the R7 and it still had the same issues.

From this I can guess that this is either PSU or CPU. My guess, for now, is the PSU killing the parts I will RMA it in the next few days and If its the CPU im * as I ain't got enough money to buy a CPU that is on par with my 1700. If its the mobo I can get the money for it.

If you have anything that can help with this tell me. I reset the bios for every single one of them multiple times in each test.