Complex LAN file sharing configuration

Aug 20, 2018
I need help, please!

I want to share files from my PC in the local network on Windows with special permissions. Like for my PC to have full access, but for the others in the LAN only to be able to view and print those files and add another files. More important... i want to have full access from the others PCs too, but with some password verification or something like that. I can’t find solution for me.

Sorry for my English, if its wrong!

Solution

File access permission is not based on PC, it's based on user's signon. So this should work perfectly as you will signon with YOUR privileged account on any PC, but of course you must setup this account on EVERY PC, in a simple workgroup LAN, without a domain controller.
Look into Windows file sharing, network drive mapping, and if you think the network is preventing access, ensure they are part of the same network (logically).

You'll want to setup a folder on your PC and allow PCs/users access (read / write / print) to it, and the other PCs will need to have you/your PC added as admin user.

File access permission is not based on PC, it's based on user's signon. So this should work perfectly as you will signon with YOUR privileged account on any PC, but of course you must setup this account on EVERY PC, in a simple workgroup LAN, without a domain controller.

Solution