[SOLVED] Component Package Support Server

Oct 20, 2020
In the Task Manager i noticed a process that hasnt been here before. I have no idea what is triggering it.

Directory: C:\Windows\System32

Application name: CompPkgSrv

Neither do i know what the service does, anyways i can end the task and my pc runs stable as always, this seems more like an optional service.

Since it cant be found in services.msc so that i can disable it, i was going to delete it.

But the thing is, its in system32.

Solution
In the Task Manager i noticed a process that hasnt been here before. I have no idea what is triggering it.

Neither do i know what the service does, anyways i can end the task and my pc runs stable as always, this seems more like an optional service.

Since it cant be found in services.msc so that i can disable it, i was going to delete it.

Hello,

Yes, Component Package Support Server is a legitimate file under Windows 10 since 1809 update. For a long time I was wondering what triggers this to run in the background.

I found out that using a Chromium Web Browser+ Facebook or YouTube immediately triggers CompPkgSrv.exe to run in...

BLaZiNgSPEED

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2015

Hello,

Yes, Component Package Support Server is a legitimate file under Windows 10 since 1809 update. For a long time I was wondering what triggers this to run in the background.

I found out that using a Chromium Web Browser+ Facebook or YouTube immediately triggers CompPkgSrv.exe to run in Task Manager.

When I use a Firefox Web Browser such as Waterfox Classic Web Browser then Component Package Support Server never gets triggered!

I figured out that as long as I don't use a Chromium Web Browser with YouTube or Facebook then this service never ever gets triggered. Nothing else triggers it except for YouTube and Facebook videos.

I have no idea why the chromium web browsers trigger this. But I also want to find a way to disable it. This is one of the reason why I use Waterfox as my default web browser.

I can verify this because after I end the process and then relaunch Youtube again CompPkgSrv.exe reappears immediately.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS