[SOLVED] Components for a beginner, upgradable streaming/gaming custom build?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 25, 2019
Hello! I'm hoping this is the right place for this.

I'm looking into building my first custom gaming/streaming pc. Although I do not want to stream professionally/full time, it would be fantastic to stream and not drop to 30-40 FPS while I'm playing. The current laptop I use runs anywhere between 60-110 FPS without streaming, but as soon as I use my broadcasting software and stream, I drop to 50-60FPS during latent scenes and 30-40 FPS during intense fights, scenes etc.

I want to stream 720P 60 FPS on twitch and I play games like Fortnite, Apex, C&C and old school retro games. Playing at an in-game FPS at 100-120 while streaming with low settings would be fantastic.

I do have some hardware knowledge, but it isn't enough to come to a decision on components. For example, I was looking into an i5-9400F because it's on the cheaper end and I will have GPU so I won't miss the lack of integrated graphics (hopefully I'm correct here lol). But some people tell me that it's too intense for what I want being 6 cores and 6 threads.

My big thing is that I don't want to overspend, and if I want to upgrade certain components later, I can.

Thanks for any advice/opinions!

Solution
The Ryzen 3600 is equivalent to the Intel i7-8700 so for the price its a excellent CPU. The motherboard would need to have the BIOS updated to support it so if there's a shop or store such as Microcenter and if you buy it via the store maybe they'll update for free for you.

This would be a good 1080P/75hz gaming/streaming system for your budget.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($259.50 @ Vuugo)
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4-F Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($105.25 @ Vuugo)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($85.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive...