Question Recommended specs for around 40 computers for educational purposes ?

Jul 16, 2024
Hello everyone, I'm new here and I hope You had some advice for me hoping my english will be sufficient:
I need new computers for our media rooms for adult education. there is a lot of teaching Photoshop and InDesign and even Shortcut or Premiere (Adobe). The current pc doesn't work well with the new developments and AI. We also teach Excel but that works just fine with the old pc. So here are my questions:

What components do You recommend for buying new PC (more or less 40 PCs in total) and what will it cost?
- CPU
- motherboard (with WiFi, Bluetooth, USB front)
- graphics card
- what kind of RAM (DDR 4, DDR 5?), 32 GB?
- only one harddisk, 1 TB would be enough
- Monitor (image editing, RAW, do you think I need the same quality for all monitors or would it suffice to have some for Photoshop and others for InDesign or Premiere?)

Price Range per PC: €1500-2000 .

It should work for at least 5 years but not high end. A lot of shifting users. We are public, education, no gaming. So it should work good but we also haven't that much money.

Thank's a lot for Your sugggestions!

:)
Dietlindchen

js2

Jul 16, 2024
Depending on your network and setup you could go for a GPU server. Or even a Cloud Service.

If you are a registered charity/education you will get steep discounts, usually.

NedSmelly

Prominent
Feb 11, 2024
(more or less 40 pc)
Speak with different education & enterprise volume suppliers as you’ll not only need to discuss specs, but also support agreements. What’s ideal for a freelancer and forum enthusiast is not always ideal for a lab environment. Start dialogue with usual suspects - Dell, HP, Apple, etc.